“Can't wait to go back”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our room in the Ocean Tower was clean but basic and nicely decorated in a nautical theme. The pool and some railings appeared to need some maintenance. The beach area was kept very clean and well groomed. The staff was overall very pleasant and attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Options to eat and drink on site were plentiful, however the breakfast meal only allowed one option and it was very substandard. All other service and meals was excellent. We don't often partake in the watersports. However, being available on site with a very pleasant and knowledgeable staff, made renting a jet boat a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. We have already recommended this property to others.

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony was awesome
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dennycrane1
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks for your review. Looking forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked a suite on line - BIG mistake. When my son walked in, he said nice crack house Mom! Rooms smelled, carpets were filthy, ants on the counters, fleas in the bedroom. No working phones (called to have them fixed 3 times), TV's did not work. They would not allow me to switch rooms since they said they were booked, although the place was dead while we were there???

Sent an email to the hotel and was told we stayed in a part of the resort that has not been renovated yet and that it should have been made clear when I made my reservation. I booked the room on line and I don't remember being told that I was booking a bug infested, dirty, moldy, smelly room! They claim the price reflects the room condition?

If you have to stay here, stay in building 2, my brother stayed there, rooms were a little nicer.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in building 7.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jjessd
Gregg H, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I am extremely disappointed that we did not meet your expectations of the room you mention in your review. We are currently renovating our last 13 rooms of the 143 rooms on property and its comments like yours that help us improve on all levels.
As you can see from many of our trip advisor reviews, the experience you had is not typical of the majority of our guests. We strive on every level to exceed our customer's expectations and I certainly hope you contact me personally and allow us the opportunity to do just that on a future stay.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about the problems you had, and my sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I wouldn't even bother trying to find a place better than this on Islamorada. Great location, very clean, nicely decorated, too many amenities to mention and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable after some problems caused by Orbitz. We are going to make this an annual trip. The rooms have recently remodeled and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spyglasses
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Wish you were here. Thanks for the nice comments. Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We booked this hotel based upon a Travelzoo coupon, which was a good deal. It included 2 free drinks and discounts on jet skis, a boat, and entrance to the attraction "Theater of the Sea". The room was a "classic" room, which was small but well appointed. We had a balcony that looked out on the parking lot, but we could also see the water. The property is clean and cared for; although the beach is not huge, there are different small areas by the water to relax on the lounge chairs, which makes each area more intimate. We enjoyed playing ping pong and the free wi-fi. We also used the coupon for the Theater of the Sea, which we enjoyed. The location is within a couple of miles in either direction to restaurants. Overall, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: We were in building #3, away from the Tiki Bar, which was probably a good thing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

On arrival our bathroom was REALLY dirty. Hair in bathtub and on floor which remained until I poured shampoo on the floor and it was finally cleaned. After staying 5 days I had to ASK to have our bed linen changed! Grounds are run down and not maintained. Staff was very friendly but I would not stay there again. Even at the cheap price we got it for,it just wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you can afford it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

First 4 nights here were fine. Room is what you pay for, nothing more. Lots of things to do right on site of hotel, watersports (2 hr island tour on jet ski, super fun), restaurants and bars. If you are looking for a quiet place to sit and relax, not exactly the place you are looking for. We stayed in a room in the building adjacent to the tiki bar and on Friday night this was miserable. We had to get up early the next morning and were unable to sleep due to loud music playing at tiki bar until 1 am or later. All the other nights of the week were not as bad because it only lasted till 9 or 10 pm. I can not say I would come stay here again. If I did I would request to be far from the tiki bar if you are staying over the weekend! The one thing I did like was that the beds were pretty comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The building we were in looked like a cell block when you entered. The rug in our room was filthy and the bathroom was a mess...no plug in the sink, chipped and rusted tub. The person who cleaned our room pulled the sheet up on the bed, nothing else. The dirty towels remained on the bathroom floor and were not replaced with any clean ones. The front desks response was "Yeah we are having problems in that area". Chalk it up to a bad experience but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Building 3.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joe E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
#7 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!