“Good”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I spent three nites at the Inn. It was our first time to the Keys. It was very nice. Now, if you are expecting the marble and manicured grounds look of a Mexican or Dominican all inclusive chain hotel, you will not find that here. Nor will you find the expansive beaches of North or South Carolina. What you will find is a sprawling beach front complex that has a lazy, laid back island charm that while not luxurious is comfortable, friendly, and clean. We stayed in building two, a three story ocean front building, on the second floor. Obviously, the view was great. I might add, it was a bit noisy at times since we were so close to the "beach." The beach is a tended sandy area about maybe 20 yards wide that leads to a rocky sea wall. There are access points to the water periodically along the expanse of property with a couple beach cuts that taper to the water. It was never crowded and towel and chair selection was never a problem. The pool area very nice and again, we never had a problem finding a chair. There are a number of bars on the property and Rumrunners and the Tiki bar had live entertainment, both very good. All staff was very friendly and helpful, even the wait staff during breakfast, which at times did get a bit hectic. One other thing, my wife and I are in our 60s and we were definately among the oldest guests there; however, we never felt out of place. All in all it was a great time and I would not hesitate to recommend the property to others.

Room Tip: Buildings one and two are beachfront. There are others, but when in the keys why face a parking lot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WISH_U_WERE_HERE305, Director of Operations at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Greetings Freods! Thanks for staying at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina. I'm very pleased to learn you enjoyed yourselves at our resort during your first trip to the Keys. As you mentioned, beaches are a little different down here - and our resort actually features one of the most expansive stretches of beach in the Keys. Glad you enjoyed the entertainment and we hope there is a second trip to the Keys in the works! Wish You Were Here, Jason

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed in an ocean front room in the main building on the 4th floor. View from the room is magnificent; room is large and nicely decorated. Our bathroom was really small compared to the room and it has not been refurbished as good as the rest of the room. (It seemed there was not enough money left to invest in bathrooms, so they are just OK, not excellent as the rest.)
Food was great, staff is very helpful throughout the facility and they really care to make sure you feel awesome!
For us the only bad thing was that our room was next to the lift machinery, which was giving a strange noise when the lift was moving. (So avoid rooms in the middle of the building 1x5)
People, who don’t like music around the hotel, avoid the weekends, as than you can hear live music played various parts of the complex, for us it was not a problem, but for some people it can be a problem.
All in all we have enjoyed our stay and do recommend it with watch-outs about the lift noise and the weekend music!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed two nights (Sun. & Mon. night) after having bought the discount package from Living Social. We were told they had just completed a multi-million dollar renovation. It was more noticeable on the outside amenities and less on the room. The front desk reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

Starting with the room, it was very presentable, but it was just aesthetics. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. No mini-fridge, no microwave. The bathroom was okay with plenty of hot water. We found several ants around the room. They do have DirecTV. The balcony light was not working. We could hear everything in the hallway and the rooms next to us. It was very noisy. Neither one of the two security doors to our floor was working properly. We were grateful, though, that the A/C was working fine.

The large outside pool area was well maintained and clean with plenty of lawn chairs. We had a great experience renting a boat / jet ski tour from Jim and Skip was a great tour guide and it was great fun driving the SeaDoo on the open ocean. The food from the Raw Bar and Shula's Burgers on the hotel property were both fantastic. Nice place to take a walk at night with two fire pits next to the marina.

Beware of purchasing this deal from Living Social with regards to checkout time. Our coupon voucher specified a 1pm checkout time. Unusual, I know. I should have verified that when checking in. The morning of our departure, we went to have breakfast off the property and came back at noon and our room card was deactivated. Thankfully, the housekeeper let us in, reminding us of the standard 11am checkout time.

Above all, I am surprised that after a multi-million dollar renovation, they couldn't invest money on decent mattresses.

To end on a positive note, great place to take pictures at sunset!

1  Thank Jose H
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed a night at Postcard Inn during our trip to the Keys for our 20th anniversary. What an amazing place! Great service, great view, and comfortable rooms. Very relaxing. Ate at one of the restaurants on the beach and again, had great service, good food, and great view. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

It's been a while. Come back and visit. We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We enjoyed our 3-day, 2-nite stay at this resort. It has extensive beach areas, a shapely heated pool (which could have been less cold), lots of lounge chairs, and numerous water sport items, e.g., Wave Runners. Sunsets were pretty. See Inn's photos. The lobby was great, computers were available for use at no extra charge; and the staff was friendly and helpful.
However, the room left much to be desired. The bathroom is not up to American standards. There was no divider between the shower's floor and the rest of the bathroom floor. As a consequence, the entire bathroom floor got we when the shower was used. Also, our shower had no bracket at head height to hold the handheld shower head. Also, there was no shelf or counter for toiletries. The room, while spacious and well insulated for sound (everything in the Keys seems to be constructed of concrete) had sparse, albeit funky furniture. But the headboard was decorated with thick hemp rope, the smell of which annoyed us throughout the night.

Room Tip: Rooms WITHOUT an ocean view in other parts of the resort might avoid the problems I describe; but av...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A friend recommended Islamorada to us. We went on the visitors bureau website and looked at all the places to stay and chose this one because it seemed it would suite us best. Our room was fantastic, right in front of the beach! We during mid-Nov so it was nice to not have too many guests around the area. We loved everything and would definitely go back if we go to the Keys again.

Room Tip: The map of the property is very helpful and very accurate. You can call and ask the front desk for m...
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm an avid florida keys vacationer with my parents who live in the keys. There are plenty of places to stay down here of varying rates and amenities. I was traveling with 2 children and my spouse and also made this the "reunion" spot for some local Miami friends and their family. Let me just say this place has come a long way since the 80s and 90s It's apparent the new management put a lot of money and effort to give this place a facelift. Making sure the grounds and rooms were updated and a lot of effort to not allow outsiders to "spend the day here" leaving it a bit more inclusive for the guests. Everything you néed is onsite. I stayed in a lovely oceanfront double queen room with direct beach access. It was perfect for coming in and out as needed and was perfect location for the days activities. However the nighttime noise , atleast during a Friday and Saturday stay is loud loud loud. They do forewarn you and make you sign a waiver. But it's really loud. So if you have small children or sleep before 1 am. You will find yourself tossing turning and not getting a rest. The dj on Friday night was awful as well. So that didn't help. Soused like a bad wedding or cheesy sweet 16 . The Saturday night was a live rock band. And they were great. But the place was quite dead for suck loud hopping music. All in all I enjoyed our stay. I booked a fishing package which have us a discounted rate. The other rooms in el capita in which I also booked for friends was certainly more remote and quiet and private. But those are not updated. The shower doors literally falling off its hinges in surprise they allow people to stay there. And apparently guests with pets allow for their does to "make" in the grassy areas without cleaning up. My other friends stayed in 400 a building. And used a walk in rate coupon which worked out great. On the phone they wanted 300 a night and the walkin coupon have then a room for 99 bucks

Anyhow it seems its worth investigating package rates and online deals. The reception and customer service at front desk were very very friendly and helpful and welcoming.
This place has great atmosphere and amenities as far as music and bars and resturaunts and water sports / fishing

If recommend but I highly and strongly suggest you ask about the noise level of your room location for the evening

Other than that one complaint of the noise and not sleeping well feeling not relaxed when I awoke ... I really like everything else about this place.
The housekeeping staff and people all around the property were kind friendly and accommodating.

Looks like I'm paying a half day rate though as my spouse is utilizing the fishing package and isn't coming in till 230. They are charging me for the extra hours of staying on the property. I guess that's fair but I feel like I'm owed a half day of sleep! Lol.

My friends and family enjoyed the oceanfront accessibility of our rooms And the memories we made here at the
Postcard inn.
There are plenty of other places you can stay if you are looking for peace and quiet day And night. But none of the places I've stayed in has the ability to keep you on site for most of the day and night like this place does.
So great for a group
Overall a Great place. Just the noise level is my only complaint. Thanks for the memories post card inn and for the great makeover you have this place

But if your gonna keep people up at night with music make it worth listening too!
I thought I had a nightmare hearing Whitney's "how will I know" and the electric slide!!!!

But again there may be other rooms that you don't hear the nightly entertainment but not sure if you can have it both ways.meaning great room location, beach access updated room, AND good nights rest.

Perhaps in other people's comments you'll find out the "perfect location" here at PCI
Or I'm sure the front desk staff could tell you if you asked , so I suggest you do that and reserve the room :)

I'll be back I'm sure. Just need to find out which rooms are the best of the best pci has to offer

See you soon islamorada :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!