“I'm 32 years old, but if you are not looking for a "spring break" type of atmosphere avoid this place!”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I never give bad reviews but this hotel was just frustrating~! While the rooms were cute and clean this place was a huge dissapointment! I'm young, but if you are not into the "spring break" type of atmosphere, avoid this place!
--The beach IS CONSTANTLY BEING DISTURBED WITH A BULLODOZER TO REMOVE SEAWEED: The beach is small and rocky and has absolutely no shady areas. There is a lot of seaweed that washes ashore in this area, which is not as annoying as the fact that they have a staff member removing it all day long WITH A BULLDOZER. Yes! and this happened on both days we were there (Saturday AND Sunday) so it is safe to asume it is a daily practice.
--Breakfast IS CHAOTIC!: Is at the Raw Bar, which is an actual run-down bar.... and it is CHAOTIC! I had to fight the crowds at 9:30AM to order coffee and eggs like I was at the only bar of a popular NYC nightclub. The bartenders were NASTY and unhelpful, like they don't wan to be there. Then you have to wait for your name to be called on a megaphone to come pick up your order so that you can eat it in this unapealing bar that although it is in front of the water it is not in an attractive area of the property
--the crowds: Tons of it and most not even staying at the hotel. They come to party and for their famous "rum runners" which comes pre-made out of a machine (Senor Frog's style) and it is so sweet that tastes like pure sugar. I am Puertorican, Rum Runners are my favorite tropical drink but I actually ended up throwing mine out.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OlgaFE
Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Over the years we, my wife and I, have been a patron of the hotel. Last time, we stayed in the Captains rooms on the north side. Great roomy place and near beach. This year the hotel was renovated. So we rented and were placed in the 300 rooms building 2nd floor. The area was part of the new construction. First of several things. Room was new but hot and stuffy. The roof/ceiling is to thin. The heat penetrates easily. The AC unit is right next to the bed. No good because only one side gets extremely cold. Its blows right over the head board. Bad for sleeping well.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked a group vacation for about 20 people to the former Holiday Isle Resort aka the new Postcard Inn. It is one of the best locations in the Florida Keys. Although, you will be about 1 1/2 to 2 hours out from Key West, this is the ideal location. The property has 5 bars and restaurants, including an additional Shula Burger on the front. I'll review all the restaurants in a separate review, so I will stick to the resort here. I had the basic room, which they did a very nice job renovating. They have nice new floors, good ac, and really comfy beds. Every room seems to have a balcony, but not all are ocean views. You pay more for that view. Some in our group had the ocean view, and some had our classic view. The classic view rooms are a pretty good walk from the marina, restaurants and lobby. Ocean view seems to be the way to go since they are close to the pool and beach. This resort has one of the best swimable beaches and a pool right on the beach. There is also a marina with boat rentals, fishing charters, dive charters, and boat slips. They were all pretty great at the marina. The hotel staff was all friendly and always greeted us and helped with any requests. The pricing was reasonable, but really shot up on the weekends. One person in our party did get a king suite, and that was very nice as well. We definitely look forward to returning here again soon!

Room Tip: Classic view rooms are a bit of a walk. Choose an ocean view if you want to be close to the pool, ba...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our trip was family oriented, with kids being old enough to roam around large resort area and stay out of trouble. We stayed in the elcapitan portion. Although this was not renovated we are long time guests and know the rooms there. We had full kitchen and were able to coook to help offset some expenses. Room was clean and beds comfortable. For the nonregular, the bathrooom may need a lil attention. The staff was courteous and prompt when we had a request. The resort is large enough so the kids can have fun without gettin in trouble. There were games in the lobby area along with internet, very acccomomdating. Shula burger was right outside and found the prices to be o.k. for ala carte. Kids meal was a good value. We were very pleased, the weather did suck, but this isnt there fault.

Room Tip: You are not there to stay in the room. If you want a quiter room get them away from bars.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian H
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thanks for returning to PCI at Holiday Isle with your family. I hope this tradition continues for many years. I fthere is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Postcard Inn was newly renovated and they did a great job! It's family oriented versus how it use to be. At check in, if you booked under a discount rate they will require proof, so make sure that you have it. We reserved 2 rooms at a government rate, I had requested the rooms on the same floor, but unfortunately, they were in different floors. When I called to ask, they told me they did not have availability on the same floor. I found it odd, since I had called the day prior and reminded them when we arrive, but anyhow, that was the only complaint. The room was very nice, a good size for two and the bed was really comfortable. The pool is open late, which is a plus. As before, the Tiki Bar is still there for those great Rum Runners and the Raw Bar is one of the best for fresh seafood. No need to drive anywhere, everything you need is there. I highly recommend the Postcard Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thanks for your comments. Sorry for the room mixup at check-in. We will hopefully get you exactly the arrangements you desire on your next visit. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the NEW environment we have worked hard to create here at PCI. It is much more adult and family friendly than it has been in the past. I hope that you will return soon and often!!

Sinceerely,

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this recently renovated resort this August. My husband and I had a weekend getaway just the two of us and it was perfect although we thought our kids would have enjoyed the resort also. The renovated rooms were nice although don't expect high end luxury. The beds were very comfortable and the view from our room was unbeatable. The rooms were a bit nosy and our tub was stopped up, although the staff was very apologetic about the tub problem. Overall a nice weekend getaway spot, not my recommendation for a whole week unless you are there to fish and boat. Also the restaurants close early and at that time your only option for dinner is dominos delivery unless you want to drive off the resort.

• Stayed: August 2012
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thanks for your great review. I am so pleased that you and your husband had a great time. I do hope that you will return soon. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I frequent Holiday Isle on many occasions. It seems to be going downhill. This morning went to Raw Bar for breakfast and the place was out of control. I ordered simple fried eggs and sent them back three times. First they came sunny side up, then the second time over easy, third time is the charm, fried!!! One would seem to think that fried eggs would be easy enough but no. Then, someone elses order was messed up and the poor server was actually attacked by the cook. The cook threw a plate of food at the server!!! Incredible. The server breaks down crying, and as soon as her relief gets there, she quits, walking off the job right then and there. I thought good for her, no one deserves to be treated like that!!!! Then ten minutes later, the new server says the computers have crashed and the cash drawers are locked, cant take credit cards or cash for that matter!!! Come on people, you just pumped millions into the resort and cant spend 20 gs to upgrade the computer system, You have got to be kidding. The servers out front are struggling and this is where you make your money, and your reputation. As I said the place is going down hill. It seems as though the people trying to put on a happy face, and trying to do a good job for customers cant get the help/support they need. This was not the first time I have been at the Raw Bar and the computers quit working. Its not pretty, everything comes to a screeching halt as the servers have to resort to writing all the orders long hand. In this day and age it seems really out of date!!! Get with the progam people. You can do better.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

My sincere apologies for the very poor service you experienced yesterday. Although all of our computer equipment is brand new, it still occaisionally has problems and needs to be rebooted. Computer problems are frustrating but does not give an excuse for the poor communications betweeen server and cook and subsequent issues you mentioned. I would like you to contact me personally to discuss furthur.

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
#6 of 19 in Islamorada
Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!