“Saved trip”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Baltimore, Maryland
“Saved trip”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We were only going to stay for a day,ended up staying for 7 days,Had 3 different rooms.Staff and Front desk were great and very helpful in getting us rooms as needed on short notice.
The Bartenders at Shula Burger were great and very friendly! We sat outside for breakfast and had their great burgers for dinner. We saw a manettee swim right under our balcony,
Went fishing at a local bridge and hooked a huge Tarpon on the first cast.
Bought my girl some great jewelery at the gift shop and overall had a great relaxing time!
Dont forget to visit Robbies,and Whale Harbor which are both close by the resort.
Hey Staff,see you all next visit!

Room Tip: Oceanfront great,I personally liked our room over by the fishing fleet best,but a little hard to sle...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Glad you had such a great time. Catching a tarpon is a great experience. You are correct about our marina rooms they are a real treat and all are renovated. Thanks for staying with us and we hope you come back soon!!

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed here last week for 2 nights and was extremely impressed with the renovations and the grounds. The rooms are absolutely beautiful! They definitely did not leave anything out here! The front desk staff was friendly as ever and my room was ready when I arrived. There was a sign on the counter that said if guests wanted to be moved due to the noise from the restaurants or bars, that they would be more than happy to accommodate, however, I couldn't hear anything in my room and I slept so good, that I thought I slept through my alarm clock! The view was absolutely spectacular! There was so much to do, that in the 2 nights I stayed, I didn't get to experience much. There was the private beach, outdoor pools, a play area with rock climbing wall, chalkboard walls, and FREE Arcade games! (really for the kids, but it was for the kids at heart too)! The restaurants were fun and had great food! I've been hearing a lot of hype on the radio about the Shula's Burgers, and let me tell you, you DEFINITELY have to go down there and have one! AMAZING food with great prices! I can't wait to go down for a few more days to enjoy the things I missed out on! GREAT place! you HAVE to check this place out!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sunbabies2002
So happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! You really captured the essence about what Postcard Inn is really about. Fun, relaxation, good food and drink and a flip flop attitude.

Come back soon!

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2012

First, we showed up very early (10am). I asked if we could check in early and I was told our room wouldn't be ready until after 3pm. So asked if I upgraded would the room be ready earlier, and they said yes.(THAT WAS AWESOME) We upgraded to an ocean front room for an additional $40. Let me say it was well worth it. AMAZING VIEW!! BUT we were put in room 147 on the fourth floor of the 6 story building. This room is located right next to the elevator control room. Everytime the elevator moved it sounded like a rocket ship taking off. DO NOT stay in this room! The sad thing is the hotel was not completely full and we could have been placed in a different room (I'm sure they are aware of this problem as it has been posted here before). We are floridians who travel to the keys often and if this was my hotel, I would want to impress. The only other negative was the pool bartenders (very rude and not welcoming-so we left). The rooms are beautiful and updated, but the headboards do have an aweful smell as posted in another review (wierd).

The great things about this hotel. 1. The View - I did a little dance when I walked into the room 2. Great entertainment (but it does go until 2am-something to consider if you're staying in the first building closest to the Tiki hut - you will hear it until 2am. 3. Completely updated and wonderful decor! Hard to find in the keys.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 147 on the fourth floor of the first building. Try to get a room away from the e...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thanks very much for your comments. I will reinforce to the guest service agents the importance of giving rooms that are not adjacent to the elevators when we have plenty to choose from.I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the view and hope that you will return often!

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Our first time in Islamorada and never knew what to expect. The location is fantastic and the Holiday Isle Resort has, probably, one of the best beach waterfronts on all the Florida Keys. However, it wasn't everything as smooth as we desired. There are four buildings connected with this hotel. Two of them have GREAT rooms and views and, in contrast, the other two buildings TOTALLY SUCK!!! Upon our arrival we were given a room in the Building 3. Horrified we discovered a room just a bit larger than a shoebox. No matter the king size bed. There was no view what-so-ever and everything looked and felt very bleak. We just couldn't imagine staying there. We went and talked to Tony G., the front desk man, a wonderful guy, very accommodating, who immediately changed our room to the building # 2 (200), right on the beach, two large beds, refrigerator and - no kidding - about THREE TIMES larger than the first room. We just couldn't believe the difference. Needless to say, the whole "color" of our stay changed immediately. So, FOREWARNING: Totally steer away from the Building # 3 and Building # 4. Main Building # 1 and # 2 are great, great view, right on the ocean. Everything else is unacceptable. Happy Vacationing!

Room Tip: NEVER, EVER accept a room in Building 300 or 400. They are HORRIBLE. However the rooms in building 1...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catalin M
Thanks very much for your comments. We have a arge variety of room types and locations with the PCI complex. Approximately half of the rooms are directly on the beach overlooking the ocean. The other half are either garden view, or Marina view rooms and suites. I am glad that ultimately you were given a room that you were very pleased with. We look forward to your return in the near future! Thanks for your feedback.

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Rooms are beautiful!! Beach andgrounds are well kept and entertaining! Everything you could ask for is right there( boat rentals, fishing and snorkeling, bars, music and food). I think everything is overpriced in the keys, but I did a little dance when I saw the view from our room :) !! Thanks to Eddie at market for my very first Ubo!! Only negative ( well two negatives) we could hear the elevator room which was located right next to room 147 on the fourth floor and the employees at the pool bar are less than friendly! We left and went to another bar on property. Smile it's not that hard!!

• Stayed February 2012
Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a WONDERFUL complex: all remodeled, bright , clean, wonderful staff and a pool and beach area that is next to none, however, we spent 2 days trying to fnd out how to get to Key West for a day, affordably. It is like you are trapped, Taxi's were going to charge us $500.00, the bus was cheap, but we stood there for an hour after the appointed time of pickup and NO BUS ever came. Even to go to the next town was difficult because nothing is within walking distance. When you are from out of town you do want to take in the whole area and not just stay in one place. We could not believe there was no shuttle service......badly needed. We did not rent a car, from the airport in Miami, which I highly suggest. We used the Key West Shuttle to get us here from the air port, but they do not do any trips other than from the airport and back ......we did however at the 11th hr find the SeaTheKeys Taxi and Tours transportation service which provided a limo to Key West for a reasonable fee. The driver MItchell was the best, very professional and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend his services. Brand new "Shula's" on the property offered great food which was appreciated from the other general bar fare.

Room Tip: request ocean view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments and your kind words and generous rating. Our associates and myself really appreciate it. You brought up an excellent point about the lack of shuttle services to Key West. I will bring that subject up to some tourism officials in teh keys and see if there is an affordable solution.

Please come back again!

Managing Dirctor
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Went for New Years. Had no clue where to stay, so my boyfriend and I crossed our fingers and booked a room. We lucked out big time. While driving down we passed several of the hotels we were considering, they did not even compare. Our room was nice and clean. Our room was right on the beach with a lovley little lanai that led out to the beach. Staff was very friendly and did there best to make sure you had a good time.
One of the BEST locations - apprently the Tiki Bar is the place to go at nigh,t so we would just walk right over from our room. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be small. You want a room with a lanai...perfect!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Our new decor and other renovations have been a big hit with our guests and your comments and tips add value to what we have been saying.

Please come back again soon! I will make sure you get one of those Lanai rooms again.

sincerely,

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!