“Awesome Time!”

Bud n' Mary's Sportfishing Marina
Ranked #18 of 162 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: Bud n' Mary's Fishing Marina is a historic fishing marina located in Islamorada, FL, the sportfishing capital of the world! We offer offshore, inshore, and party boat fishing. We also have boat rentals, lodging, diving, snorkeling, and a deli on site! Come see why Bud n' Mary's has been a florida keys fishing tradition since 1944!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a fishing trip for our group and let me tell you it was a blast. I've never been out fishing that far, nor had I ever caught a decent sized fish. So for me, it was perfect. The Capt. & deck hand were great and very personable. My kids had a wonderful time. I would definitely do it again. If I had to list one negative, it would be the parking, but who cares because we had such an amazing day!! And plenty of fish for dinner!! Thanks Capt. Walt & Eric!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you have time, stop by for a visit and go up onto the top deck to watch all the charter boats return in the afternoon....they will clean their catch on the deck below and the sea life that comes in for the scraps is AMAZING! There are HUGE tarpon by the dozens, 4-5 huge nurse sharks, lots of other smaller fish too. It's a sight to see for sure!!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The marina personel were all very nice and helpful. The captain was also very personable. Here's the complaint. I scheduled an all day charter in March. Our goal was to go into the back country and catch Redfish/Snook. The captain advertises this as his "forte" on his website and also stresses that he likes to take "women and families". I have a 14 year old step daughter who is a very good fisherman and has caught hundreds of seatrout and snappers and mackerel as well as sharks. She is ready to step up to bigger more difficult game. Our captain sees this young lady and immediately assumes she is a fussy princess who will "be totally bored" running the 28 miles to the everglades to fish. He stresses that he thinks we should just take the 10 minute run out to the grass to once again spend HALF a day catching 12" trout and ladyfish...I tried to explain but gave in to our guide as it was pretty obvious that he had no intention of exerting himself trying to catch anything more difficult. We were very disappointed. She caught two or three fish and basically told me she was done catching "bait" and sat in the boat and tapped on her phone the rest of the trip. Perhaps our "guide" had an evening Tarpon trip for big money?? or maybe he just didn't know what he claimed to know.
I would just like to say..don't tell people what you CAN DO...if you aren't willing to do it.

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we booked 2 trips with the office for Miss Islamorada and had great fishing! We got there an hour early and were lucky to get a parking place.They told us to park on other side of bridge and walk over ( a long way!) if we didn't get a spot,, tough to do with cooler and gear for fishing.Cute little place for breakfast on site with friendly service.

1  Thank love2fish66
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went with my husband and we fed the fish! It was pretty cool to see them swarm and how big they were.