“Dining in the Keys”

Ranked #35 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar located at mm 85.5 Bayside is one of the locals favorite with convenient access by car or by boat.Framed by the beautiful marina with a view where you will get a glimpse of an occasional dolphin or tarpon, this restaurant has gained a reputation as the place for delicious food and great entertainment. A menu that offers a blend of cuisines and influences mixing Maine with American and Floridian Seafood dishes….Chef Josh is constantly creating new daily specials for the menu, which is sure to please every guest even vegetarians. Also available is a kids menu that is sure to please every kid even the fussiest!A late nite menu is available that reflects the freshest local fish and burgers as well as the finest variety of appetizers. Open Seven Days a Week from 11am to 12midnight, with entertainment every Monday through Sunday makes Smugglers Cove not only the best place to eat, but also the best entertainment too!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is all that I have to say about my dinner. The service was bad. The party we were with knew the waitress and she seemed to give them special attention. She was rude to me the entire night until the check came.
It took an hour to get our food. My conch fritters were cold and the sauce to dip them in was hard.
When I asked the waitress if she could get me some Horseradish sauce that she had specially made for the men at the table , she said that she didn't have time. She did bring me cold hard cocktail sauce.
The $5.95 seafood chowder was thick and tasted nasty. It was cool on top and hot on the bottom, which indicates to me that it was microwaved. ( The waitress had assured me that everything I ordered was was freshly made.)
I heard the burgers were good. Yet, aren't we in the Florida Keys where seafood is abound? I wouldn't waste my time to dine out at Smuggler's Cove again.
The rustic atmosphere was ok. The guitar players that evening were very good.

Ryan L, General Manager at Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Smugglers. I hope to try and give you all another chance, and try us again. Thee is no excuse for the bad experience you had, but we aim at pleasing our customers. I would love to buy you a dinner and hope to see you all again. Please mention my name and ask for Ryan. I am the GM at Smugglers cove. We really do want to correct this situation. Please if you are in the area come back and visit. Thank you.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went after a sunset cruise and had a few drinks and several appetizers. It was very good. We had the Crab Rangoon and another I can't remember the name but it was like pizza bread like item. Both were very tasty.
The entertainment was a woman singing along with a computer for a band. But she was fine and I liked her choice of songs.

Yeah that was our karaoke night, glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and enjoyed the food. The crab ragoons are one of my favorite. They are handmade by our chef Maria. Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow what a difference a year can make!! Over the years we have stopped to eat here and have seen lots of change and owners, but the new owner has made good On his word to overhaul. The best change has been in Management. Since Rick started last year On Valentines Day the place has really shaped up nicely. the staff, atmosphere, food and music has come together nicely to make this a great place to go On the weekends especially with the children. The Marina looks terrific and the property is safe and friendly For the children to play while they await their orders. Halloween was a blast as was New Years with Mr. Nice Guy playing. What a great time we have been having this year!!! Thank you Rick and the great staff at Smuggs!! See you this weekend For Pirate night after the Nautical Flea Market should be fun!!!

Ryan L, General Manager at Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hi there thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate your business. We think that you are fantastic as well. We hope to see you all again and look forward to serving to our best ability. Again thank you so much.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

A group of six arrived by boat for a dinner after sunset. We all ordered something different from the local fish sandwich to a plate of spaghetti. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner and the staff were very welcoming. Music provided was very nice as well. Will definitely return

Thank for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for visiting us and Im glad to hear you enjoyed your dinners.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

When you add it all up, this is one of the more enjoyable spots to have a drink in Islamorada. The owners here must train their staff well. Everyone is nice, they make you feel welcome (vs across the street at Hog Heaven). The food is above average, the prices are great, there is always music (the band on Fridays is fantastic) and it isn't slammed with tourists. Now this is what a locals joint is all about.

Yes our staff is great and very welcoming thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our chef really takes pride in her food . Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your visit.