“Great day of fishing with capt. Ted”

Skins and Fins Fishing Charters and Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Keys Fishing Charters and Guides: Captain Ted and Captain Donnie Benbow are the Father and Son team of Skins and Fins Charters and Guides. We fish the shallow waters of the Florida Keys, Islamorada, Key Largo and Flamingo in the Everglades National Park. We have three boats to meet your Flats and Backcountry fishing and fly fishing needs. Specializing in Tarpon, Snook, Bonefish, Big Sharks, Sea trout, Grouper, Mackerel, Snappers, Redfish and more. we fish out of the Holiday Isle Marina at the Post Card Inn. Beginner to experts, we will show you a great time on the water. Both Captains are sponsored by "Bud Light" and we cover the fishing forecast for GAFF fishing magazine. Call us for more details. Check out our fishing Blog and web site
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day of fishing with capt. Ted”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

First time in the Keys so I picked Ted by pure chance, couldn't have made a better choice ! It was a blast.my wife hadn't fished since she she was eight and had no plans to that day, after checking a few spots Ted found a nice spot, put me on the front of his boat and gave me a quick lesson on what to do, didn't take long I was catching fish, Ted baited a rod and told my wife here ya go, I'll show you what to do,he gave here some casting lessons she's catching fish having a ball. We caught fish for two hours non stop,great time, Ted couldn't be more accommodating or knowledgeable. Seems like the kind of guy that would do all he could to give you a good time fishing, I know I'm going to book another trip with him.

Visited January 2014

Noblesville, Indiana
“Excellent Time w/Son & Capt. Ted”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My son & I went on a backcountry trip and it was fantastic! We didn't catch any "big" ones because of the forecast, but Capt. Ted knew where to take us to catch a LOT! We were reeling in 1-2 pounders all day. During our trip we saw a 6-7ft. alligator right next to our boat! A Bull Shark swam right past us. We saw dolphins, flamingos, sting rays, & more. My son loved it! Capt. Ted was one of the best guides I've been out with and I definitely recommend him to everyone. We'll be booking again!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Most memorable part of my Keys vacation!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Traveling to the keys this winter, I wanted the full experience that each island had to offer. Being in the sport fishing capital of the world, backcountry fishing was a must do and Cpt. Donnie Benbow delivered! Traveling through the Everglades I caught 2 redfish and several other species ( I believe they call them snapper). Shortly after the journey through the Everglades I experienced sight fishing for the first time! This thrilling experience is one I will never forget since he professionally hooked two sheepshead from the same school! Absolutely unbelievable experience for any Keys adventure!

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Awesome day of fishing with Capt. Ted Benbow!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Capt. Ted was great! Never a dull moment! Although I fish a lot in my home state of AR, backcountry fishing was a bit different, but after a few helpful tips from Capt. Ted, we were bringing fish in the boat non-stop. He is an excellent guide, always there to bait your hook, bring your fish in, and if your line gets cut by a baracuda, he's right there with a new set up ready to go! If a fishing spot slowed, he didn't waste any time finding a new hot spot. I would definitely recommend 'Skins and Fins' and the next time I'm in Florida, will book a trip with him!
Thanks for a great time!

Mountain Home, Arkansas
“We had a fantastic day of fishing with Captain Ted Benbow!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

All I can say is that we had a fantastic day of fishing with Captain Ted Benbow! His knowledge of the backcountry was evident from the very beginning. He knew exactly where to go, what to do and was always there to re-rig the rods or give you advice when you needed it. The next time I get back down to the keys I will be booking another trip with Captain Ted. Thanks again sir for a wonderful day full of great memories!