“An excellent captain & first mate”

First Choice Charters, Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are in Key Largo or Islamorada we should be your "First Choice" for offshore fishing! Hello my name is Captain Larry Wren and I would like to invite you aboard our boat the “First Choice”...My one goal is...To provide you with a safe fun filled day, and to catch as many fish as possible! We offer full day, three quarter day, and half day fishing charters, in a relaxed, professional, fun-filled family atmosphere! Custom Merritt Sport fishing boat powered with twin common rail diesel engines, no diesel fumes. Of Course there is a clean toilet on board! Features Specializing in live bait and kite fishing Offering all types of fishing. Everything supplied for your trip, (food and drinks are optional)Half, Three Quarter, or Full Day Charters Licensed crew & experienced staff Up to 6 passengers We never keep your fish! All fish caught will be filleted and bagged
Memphis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent captain & first mate”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've been fishing nearly 40 years in spots such as Belize, Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, the Chesapeake Bay, etc., and the day's fishing (early July, 2012) my son and I had on the First Choice with Larry was the best I've ever experienced. A car wreck blocked us from being timely but Larry understood and was highly accommodating. Once we got on the water the action was fast and furious, all Mahi-Mahi, all the time, just as promised. At one point we had four rods hooked up, but even with lines getting crossed Larry and Forrest kept in control, directing our actions and resulting in us landing all four mahi-mahi. Highly recommended, and the vessel is lovely. Important Note: Our beers stayed cold!

Visited July 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Great Fishing Trip!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Captain Larry was an exceptional captain, highly knowledgeable and and very personable. We had a total of 4 people on the charter, and caught black fin tuna and dolphin fish, one of them was a 29.3 pound bull dolphin! Everyone, was extremly helpful in the catch of all of the fish, the the team work with the largest fish was beyond anything I could had ever imagined! Captain Larry and First Mate Forrest are the best, and I would reccommend this duo to anyone looking to catch big trophy fish!!!!

Thank you again, Captain Larry and First Mate Forrest and the best trip ever, it will be in our memories for a long time to come :)

Visited April 2012
Barrington, Illinois
“GREAT TRIP! 11 different kids of fish over 2 days!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was looking for a trip for me and my 17 year old son. I found Larry through the internet. Although I did my research and spoke with Larry a number of times before I made my decision, I really didn't know what to expect. All I can say is WOW! Larry really knows where the fish are and Forrest has got to be the hardest working mate I've ever seen. We chartered Larry for 2 days. Caught 11 different types of fish including a sailfish, sharks, barracuda, king mackerel, snapper, and tuna. There were many times we had doubles going. I highly recommend Larry. He's professional. He treats his clients very well and most important, he knows where the fish are!

Visited January 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Will recommend Larry and Forrest to all my Friends”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My frined and I found First Choice Charters on line. You never know how thats going to work... We spoke with Larry and he explained everything and answered every question we had. Larry kept us informed of the weather several times, days in advance. We had some pretty windy conditions and 6' swells. He knew how to work around the waves instead of blasing through them mas some captains do, We caught bait fish and then set out for sailfish. Although we didnt get any sailfish that day, we caught 5 Dolphin, 1 Grouper, 1 beautiful 30 lb Blackfin Tuna, a mackrel and a barracuda. His first mate Forrest was awesome. He hustled all day, using kites, out riggers and bottom lines. we typically had 4-5 lines in all day. The boat is a beautiful 37' fully restored and fiberglassed with twin diesels. it gets up and moves to get out in front of the fish. They really know what they are doing. I am definately going back.

Visited December 2011
Ocala
“An experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've fished my whole life and never had an experience like this. Two big sailfish, snapper and mahi. Been out with Larry and crew a few times and always fill the cooler. Very professional and accomodating. A best bet for fishing in the Keys!

Visited July 2011