“Great day”

Miss Islamorada Charter Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Only islamorada fishing charter party boat that offers a full day 9:30 am to 4:30 pm EVERYDAY! Low price including tackle, bait, and license. All you need is food and drink. Departs daily from Bud n' Mary's Fishing Marina!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Only about 15 people on boat on Saturday. With 4' seas boat ran smooth and quiet. Was concerned with some reviews I read about getting a chance to fish the stern for yellowtail as the people do not want to move their fat butts from their spot so others that pay the same can have the chance to catch yellowtail . When myself and my brother boarded they gave us two rods set up for both types of fishing because they wanted at least one of us fishing both styles.
This was a great idea and it worked out perfect. Still have the same old fat butt or two regular who thinks he is better then anybody else but I just feel sorry for them and do not let them ruin my day. Captain worked hard moving us around and did not stay on a dead spot for any amount of time. Mate was active and captain came down and worked as well. One passenger was getting rude and the Captain put an end to that real fast. Caught dinner and had plenty of action from both types. Some yellowtail and Mutton off the bottom on the side with plenty of the non desire able Blue Runner ( but great fighting fish).
Only thing is that the supplied gear could have used some maintenance as the reels were rough and bales were not returning properly.
Overall great day and will return. Idk if it is the same with a larger group but I hope they would pay attention to rotate people on the stern because it made the trip more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great day of fishing and plenty of fish caught, which is all good. Captain and first mate were very helpful with equipment, bait and removing fish.

However, I have fished on several party boats throughout the US and have a couple of issues that you may want to consider and ask questions about before booking.

Trip is advertised as 9:30 - 4:00, but we came back 1 1/2 hours early since the "boat", not each "person" had caught their limit of fish. Evidently, each person is limited to 10 fish. As the folks on the stern brought in yellow fins, the boat staff kept every fish, regardless of who caught the fish. So... some people with good fishing spots at the stern could have easily caught ten to twenty times the number of fish than someone bottom fishing on the side.

One young kid only caught 4 - 5 fish while a few locals "hogged" 1/2 of the stern and probably caught 4 times the number of fish. The captain and mate should take more control to move unexperienced customers around and ensure that each person catches their 10 fish if that's the criteria they're gong to use to end the trip.

Personally, I paid $65 for a fishing experience from 9:30 - 4:00, not to get 10 fish. In fact, I had no knowledge of the 10 fish limit before the trip. My goal was to catch as many and as big of fish as possible. I would have released every fish caught if I had known the trip was going to be cut short.

The guys did allow us to fish for sharks which was a bonus. Boat is old and slow as mentioned by another reviewer.

Overall was a good trip, but with a little extra effort, could have been a "great" trip for every customer. Will try a different party boat next time.

3  Thank Fool_me_Once2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

One has to be careful when leaving reviews to try and take into account the whole package, Islamorada is without doubt a great place to fish so when arriving we booked a day on the group charter from Bud n Mary's. I have fished now for over 40 years and fully knew what to expect. The people at Bud n Mary's were polite helpful people, the day charter boat that day had approx15 people and was not cramped.

Although I was aware of
pre booked stern positions I fished
from there for as long as I had the inclination. If you have ever been mackerel bashing out of Cornwall then this was a similar experience just moved to Florida, and this was fine with me, $65 was a reasonable price for this excursion. Leaving at 9.30am, the crew worked hard all day, and the boat repositioned itself several times to try and keep in contact with the fish. My wife and I had mainly yellowfin snapper and grouper and it turned out my yellowfin was the biggest of the day,with ego massaged we
returned to port at 4.00pm. Good value for money.

Take along your own food and drink as there are ample cool boxes and also a couple of plastic bags for your catch. They offer a free filleting service by the boat but a tip won't go amiss as would a good tip for the two crew lads who grafted all day.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had a great time on this boat despite less than ideal weather conditions. While it may not be the greatest choice for the completely inexperienced or people with small kids, if you want to go fishing all day with guys that know how to catch fish, this is the boat for you! Captain Ben and Phil made the trip a great experience! We met several people on the boat that have been out with them repeatedly and we can't wait to do it again on our next trip!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time out there today. The captain and mate were fantastic!!! Can't wait to go again!! They helped me (being the only woman was a little intimidating) but they gave me tips and I even caught the biggest fish thanks to the captain!!! Can't say enough nice things about them. Thank
You for the best trip ever!!!