“Good Fishing with a great crew!”

Miss Islamorada Charter Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Only islamorada fishing charter party boat that offers a full day 9:30 am to 4:30 pm EVERYDAY! Low price including tackle, bait, and license. All you need is food and drink. Departs daily from Bud n' Mary's Fishing Marina!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My fiance and I traveled to Islamorada for a long weekend and ended up fishing all 3 days on the Miss Islamorada. The boat was large and comfortable. We had Captain Ben and Mates Will and Brad for two days and Captain Walter and Mate Colby for one day. Each of the crew members were friendly and helpful. They will treat you how you treat them! They helped with baiting hooks and quickly rigged your pole to get you back in the water. We moved several times as needed if fish were not biting. We caught many, many Yellowtail Snapper...a total blast. The boat was also catching hogfish, mutton snapper, grouper, mangrove snapper, porgies, grunts, box fish, file fish, tile fish, a random parrot fish and angel fish, barracuda, snake fish and spanish mackerel. You can't go wrong for the money and experience Key style fishing. Just bring a cooler with some personal refreshments and sunscreen, all else is provided. A box lunch can be purchased from the on-site cafe and the sandwiches were freshly made and very yummy. The boat averaged anywhere from 18-30 people during the days we were there. We will definitely return and board the Miss Islamorada again!!!

3  Thank PolishGirlKesja

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We went out fishing for the day trip. It was $65.00 per person. There were about 25 people on the boat. Several people were sick and never put a pole in the water. No one was catching anything on the sides of the boat bottom fishing. There were so many people crowded in the back of the boat trying to catch yellowtail snapper that lines were getting tangled and it was a huge hassle. Two of us caught 4 yellowtail for the day. We thought that maybe the boat would relocate since not many fish were being caught, but that never happened. A big rain squall rolled in and the wind picked up. The boat headed back in early because of the storm. More people were getting sick from the boat rolling. Once back at the dock we were asked for tips for the mates and the guy who cleaned the fish.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

caught lots of fish (king mackeral, bone fish, grunts, hog fish and a shark) Best action I have ever had on a party boat also the cheapest rate. The crew did not clean the fish but did bait the hooks for the mackeral which was a help. The crew did ask for a tip which was rude but I did catch a lot of fish. I would be very happy to go out again on this boat and am looking forward to next yeafs trip. If you like a lot of action I have never seen any better on a party boat

1  Thank skip s
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I went out on Miss Islamorada last week and had a great time. The crew were extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. I had a tangled line a few times and they were there in a snap to fix it for me and get me back in the water. The boat was moved numerous times depending on if we were catching fish, if not we moved on to a new spot. The majority of what we caught were grunts and most were keepers. Can't say enough about the employees, they were awesome and made it a very fun day. Attached is a picture of Will and Ben, they gladly posed for a photo at the end of the day :)

1  Thank Traci M
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Went fishing last week on the Miss Islamorada by myself while on vacation in the keys. I'm an experienced party boat and charter boat fisherman who has fished up and down the east coast from MD to FL, so I know about fishing operations such as this. The boat is decent, plenty of room, a few benches and tables to sit on inside, 2 restrooms, live bait tank, and ran at a fairly good speed to the fishing spot. Mates were friendly and helpful, terminal tackle was in new condition, BTW the only partyboat I've been on that used all florocarbon leaders, but boat rods were typically awful, the spinning rod I used for chumming was trashed and the levelwind was ancient.
The terrible rating for this boat is for the Captain. First he stopped and made all 25 paying customers wait almost half an hour while he caught live bait to use for him to try and catch a Sailfish. Everyone just stood around while he tried to throw a castnet and when he finally caught some he put them in the live bait tank for him to use to fish off of the kite rig later. When we got out to where we fished all day he anchored up and nevered moved once even though hardly anyone was catching anything. The few requlars on the back of the boat caught yellowtails but no one on the sides hardly caught anything. I had a live pinfish on the bottom for over an hour and nothing touched it the entire time. No one was every invited to fish off of the back like the mates said they would so finally I went to the back and squeezed myself inbetween some regulars and managed to catch 2 snappers before the captain decided to go in 45 minutes early. First time I've ever gone in early on a partyboat when the weather was decent. Then once at the dock the captain took any of the fish that weren't immediately claimed by someone, probably to sell commerically under the table. Another angler was on the boat with me and said he had gone on the Marathon Lady the day before and it was much better and he caught lots more fish even though it was only a 4 hour trip.
So needless to say I wouldn't go back out with them and would try one of the other partyboats in the area. If the boat gets a new captain that cared about the customers and actually helped them catch fish this boat could be excellent, with him its awful!

6  Thank ACarroll2