“Each trip better than the last!”

Captain Easy Private Fishing Charters
Ranked #5 of 164 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Captain Easy offers offshore and reef fishing charters in the beautiful waters of the florida keys. My name is Captain Bruce Andersen and my experianced mate and I will use our hard work and expertise to show you a great time fishing in Islamorada the sportfishing capital of the world. Whether you are a first time fisherman, or an experianced angler everyone is welcome including families aboard the Captain Easy.
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My last trip with Captain Easy was back in June. There is a reason Bruce gets so much repeat business. He and his mates work their butts off through the whole trip from before the boats leaves the dock until well after it returns.

We caught too many mahi to count with several in the 30-40 pound class. An hour and a half after out first deep drop for swordfish we had a 150 pounder on the deck. In fact, we've caught swordfish on every trip with the Captain Easy.

I was surprised by the negative review. I have found everyone's positive reviews on this site to be very similar to my experience. I also am an experienced fisherman. Having said that, I've learned tons from fishing with Bruce. If you're looking at fishing with the Captain Easy for the first time, I can say from experience, that you can't go wrong.

Captaineasy, Manager at Captain Easy Private Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thanks for the review. We're very proud of all the great reviews we've had on tripadvisor and we've had a great time fishing with you guys on all of your trips. I'm looking forward to doing it again!

All reviews
"big fish"
in 4 reviews
"laid back"

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My son and I had a great time aboard the Cap. Easy. Action from the first drop, with the highlight a trophy wahoo. It's one an 11-year old will never forget. That's why we are already booked on our next trip with Capt. Bruce.

Thank you very much for the review. I'm looking forward to your trip later this month.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My brother and I had an awesome time with Captain Bruce and his First Mate Mike on the Captain Easy. They were ready at the dock when we showed up a little early, and we were off to net some fresh bait. After about 15 minutes netting bait, we were powering out to the humps to catch some tuna. We were the first boat on the humps, and on the tuna almost immediately after the bait hit the water. I doubt we went more than 10 minutes between fish the entire time we were out there. The blackfin and skipjacks fight hard, and we caught about 30 total tuna in our time. We also got a great show from the 6 ft hammerhead rocketing by the boat, watching the birds, flying fish, and other tuna chasing the flying fish. Mike worked hard to keep lines ready and was great at hooking up the tuna for us. After we were tired from catching tuna, Captain Bruce suggested we try for barracuda, and a wreck for some snapper. Captain Bruce even filleted our catch after the charter so it was fast and easy to pack for the flight home. The tarpon show at the end was unexpected and enjoyable. We would gladly go out with Mike and Captain Bruce again, and wish we did not live so far away. I am not a big fish eater, but that fresh blackfin tuna steak I had the next day was amazing. Thank you Captain Bruce and Mike for an excellent time on the water and many great memories.

1  Thank todd s

Thanks for writing the great review. It was a pleasure fishing with you guys.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Yes, another great trip on Capt Easy with Capt Bruce Anderson and his crew Justin and Mike! A quick trip out to the Marathon Hump and a few tuna later, we headed out to deep water and proceeded to catch a 100 lb Sword! Even managed to catch some video for Bruce which was posted! Again looking forward to my next trip and would recommend Bruce and his crew to both the experience or novice angler! May not be the fanciest boat in the harbor, but if catching fish is your goal Bruce is the man to go with!

Thank you very much for the great review. I really appreciate you guys coming back again and again. I am far from retiring, but someday when I'm done with charter fishing I'm going to miss groups like you guys.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Captain easy charters was the most spectacular amazing fishing trip we have ever been on, my dad has been all over the world deep sea fishing and he said it was by far the most exhilarating trip, captain easy, justin and mike were so professional nice and knowledgeable mike makes his own special lures by hand they help u from beginning to end to ensure u catch so many fish we caught about 20 blackfish tuna 3 mahi mahi and a record breaking over 200 pound swordfish they were so diligent and did not want to give up until we were happy they landed our sword and I truly believe they r the best at swordfish trips they have perfected swordfishing to an art captain easy knew where all the fish were, Justin and mike are locals that have been doing this their whole lives all three together have a plethora of experience all combined, they cleaned our fish we will definately be back soon and I strongly suggest this charter if u wanna catch anything amazing

Thank You for the wonderful review. You guys did a great job on that swordfish. What a fish! I can't wait to do it again.