“Great trip even with rougher waters!”

Captain Easy Private Fishing Charters
Ranked #16 of 160 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Captain Easy offers offshore and reef fishing charters in the beautiful waters of the florida keys. My name is Captain Bruce Andersen and my experianced mate and I will use our hard work and expertise to show you a great time fishing in Islamorada the sportfishing capital of the world. Whether you are a first time fisherman, or an experianced angler everyone is welcome including families aboard the Captain Easy.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Bruce and Mike were great! I have been deep sea fishing a few times, but my wife was going for her first time. The water was pretty rough and they were very accommodating to my wife's uneasiness. She got accustomed to being on rockier seas and we all had a blast. We caught plenty of fish and capped the day off by catching a sailfish!!! Both Bruce and Mike were professional and easy going! They are the guys and Capt. Easy is the boat!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I took my 17 year old nephew for a fishing trip in the Keys. I had researched charters on my own on the Internet and decided Captain Easy was my choice (great website). We got to the marina a couple days early to check out the boat, crew and pertinent details since I had only emailed with the Captain. We were greeted by the captain and first mate and without anymore prompting than my name the captain knew when and what charters I had booked. We got to the boat about 6:45am and were off shortly after. On day one (full day trip) we had 3-5ft waves and the boat handled it very well and the crew was amazing 3 sailfish, 4 yellowtail snappers, 2 cero mackerels, king mackerel and 2 bonita's. Most amazing part on sailfish number 3 we were running upstream to a different spot when the captain spotted a sailfish "tailing" on a wave (riding the wave upstream) relayed that to the first mate as he idled the boat, the first mate baited the hook with a live ballyhoo and put that fish on the nose of the sailfish and had it on, this entire event captain spotting it to fish on was about 20 seconds they make a terrific team. On day 2 we had a 1/2 day trip caught a grouper (last day of the season), a stingray and several a other species on the wreck.

When I return to the Keys I will be on the Captain Easy again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been fishing all my life, but not a lot of saltwater fishing. After reading the reviews on trip advisor, I chose captain Bruce on the Capt. Easy. Before I even went fishing a local at the Tikki Bar told me I made the right choice. Bruce even helped me in finding a room at the Postcard Inn beachfront lower level for our two young girls and a good rate. Catching a Sailfish was on my bucket list, so catching and releasing six sailfish, including an 86 in her on the first day that would have been spectacular, but we started out fishing yellow tail snapper for a couple hours and got ten of those for my wife and children to eat. During one hook up Mike was able to entice a second sail and catch and release one before I got mine even close to the boat, awesome seven sails total. The wife wanted fish to freeze and send back and we got that also on the second day with two black fin tuna and two kingfish. We also had on two sailfish that day that was extremely windy and rough. The third day was unbelievable again, we started out fishing kings and ended up catching three sailfish including one on the down line, what a fight that was, that fish was out of the water at least twelve times. Then it slowed some so we went searching and found six tuna. Each time we had two on at a time and Mike handled the lines perfectly, leaving the second rod for me to reel in once had the first tuna was in the boat. These two work together like a well oiled machine. The local that I had met at the bar that told me I made the right choice, seen our catch for the third day said "I told you, you made the right choice". I am going to miss all of the fishing we did, but mostly the running and gunning for sailfish, that is exciting! Thanks again Bruce and Mike. Mike wish we would have caught that mutton snapper.

Dean
Duluth MN

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wonderful trip! Bruce and Mike are so much fun! Our family went to the Keys for our daughters wedding. We are so thankful that we found Captain Easy. I can not wait to get back down there and fish with them again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked captain Bruce "Easy" Anderson and his First mate Mike based on reviews of tripadvisor. We spent nice honeymoon holiday in Florida with my wife and fishing day with Bruce made it really unforgettable. Im gonna always remember this trip!

We booked full day on 22 dec but it was so horrible wind and cold front came from north and we postponed our fishing day to the next week. Bruce was very helpfull and understanding and considering my pregnant wife also.

Fishing started by catching bait fish and then we headed to further off shore. Using live bait trolling with 3-4 rods it took maybe 10-15mins and fish was on! We didnt see the fish first but it was pulling a lot ja took many pulls before we lifted nice barracuda in to the boat. Nice size also! Approx. 30 pounds cuda. I was already sold. Nice start :)

Sea was quite rough and wind was rocking the boat eventhough Mike didnt have any problem by standing on the deck while we we were sitting on the cabin :D Captain Bruce was asking all the time were we good and especially my pregnat wife.

After other 15 min Mike noticed that sailfish was trying to catch our baitfish just 10 away our boat! Sailfish was swinging in the air and finally cought the bait fish and Mike attaouchen it immeadetely nad gave the rod for me. We had outstanding fight with the sailfish atleast 20 mins nad we cought it on thge deck for taking pics. Mike did excellent job during the fight, he even noticed that the line got looped around the head of the rod during the final fight, he took line nicely just before fish started pulling line again. Thanks Mike!

After taking pics with fish we started to feel a bit bad with my wife and we agreed with Bruce that after catching so nice fish we coul end the day doing half day trip only. Bruce was very understanding and took good care of my wife also.

Before leaving we cought makrill, grouper and yellowtail snapper. Bruce recommend us Lazy Days restaurant where we ate the snappers. What a wonderfull lunch. I recommend Lazy days restaurant if you catch some nice fish to eat.

Whole trip was amazing and Mike and capt. Bruce were true professional, tehy worked all the time to give uss nice fishing experience! Thanks anre greetings from cold Finland!