“amazing experience! a must go.”

Sea Horse Private Charters
Ranked #3 of 165 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: Our friendly experienced crew will help you catch fish and have fun on a fully equipped 39 foot Harris Sport Fishing Boat with a full Tower. We accommodate up to 6 anglers with plenty of seating and two fighting chairs. We are committed to making your Sport Fishing trip as productive as possible. We search area reefs and the Gulf Stream for the best fishing opportunities available each day. Sailfish, Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Snapper, Amberjack, SWORD FISH, Marlin, Sharks, Cobia, and other Sport Fish are real possibilities and can be caught on the Sea Horse. We are Sport fishing and it is possible you may catch only a few fish due to adverse weather or possibly no fish in the area. We are located in Whale Harbor Marina Islamorada Florida Keys, mile marker 83.5 next to the Sea Food Buffet. Whale Harbor is a fishing destination known as the Sport Fishing Capitol of the World. We welcome novice and experienced anglers to have fun fishing on the Sea Horse. We encourage you to ask us questions about Sport fishing and the Florida Keys!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I went out with Rick and his crew mid April and had an amazing day. The crew worked hard and was fun to watch. They went above and beyond to make our trip a memorable one. The only problem was my husband's arms hurt from catching too many fish! See you next year!

SeaHorseCharters, Owner at Sea Horse Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

thank you for taking the time to write a review about fishing with us on the sea horse. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. We really had a great day together. Your Capt rick

All reviews
"lazy days"
"my son"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I recently shared a week in Key Largo with our two children, ages 11 and 14. Of the many activities we enjoyed during the week, shark fishing on the Seahorse was by far our most memorable, exciting adventure. Captain Rick was extremely encouraging to our children, both of whom caught bull sharks of notable size. He was determined to help each succeed and seemed to enjoy the experience and pride as much as my husband and I did.

Thanks again, Captain Rick, for such a wonderful experience and memory for our children. We cannot wait for our next visit and look forward to a full day of fishing with you!

SeaHorseCharters, Owner at Sea Horse Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an excellent review about our fishing trip. It was a pleasure to go offshore with you and catch some sharks. Luck was on our side that evening we caught some big sharks. I am glad you had a good time. come back and see us next time you are in the keys.
Sincerely, Capt Rick

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I booked a half day trip with Capt Rick...and while my husband suffered from sea sickness...I had an absolute BLAST!!! Capt Rick and 1st Mate Jeremy provided outstanding service. Before I even booked the trip, I had emailed a question to the Capt...he called me back that NIGHT!!! He had just come in from a trip out and called me back on his way home. Talk about service to the customer! I even had fun catching the bait fish! We caught black fin tuna and amberjack! I would recommend them to everyone!! looking for a Fantastic fishing adventure!!! Thank you Capt. Rick and 1st Mate Jeremy!!! Kara M.

That was a great review. Thank you very much! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your fishing trip. It was my pleasure to take you fishing I hope we can go again some time.
Sincerely your Capt Rick

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I can't say enough about Capt. Rick and his willingness to help my son and I find a good charter experience after he was personally all booked up during our stay. He took time out on multiple occasions to provide some feedback and guidance for what we should be looking for in a charter and as a first timer it was greatly appreciated. We stopped in today to say hello and I must say his catch was awesome. If we are so lucky to pull in similar fish later in the week, I'll have to dedicate it to him and his assistance! Capt. Rick will be the first guy I call next time i plan out my islamorada holiday.

SeaHorseCharters, Owner at Sea Horse Private Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dave, i was shocked to see a review for the Sea Horse from you. Thank You! I was so surprised. It was my pleasure to assist you. If can help you in the future do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely, Capt Rick

See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We fished on the Sea Horse in Islamorada on Saturday, March 23rd,2013. I must say that Captain Rick and 1st Mate Jeremy did an Outstanding job. The three of us caught many species of fish including my first Snowy Grouper and first Golden Tilefish! We had a limit of Blackfin Tuna by 11 AM and proceeded to be beaten up by Amberjacks and Sharks for two hours. We would have never been as successful without the use of the Electric Reels aboard the Sea Horse which I believe are the only ones offered in the entire Marina. Interestingly, a man came up to us after we displayed our catch and told us he had checked every boat on both sides of the Bridge and we far out-fished every other boat that day. Needless to say we had a great day! B. Miller

Thank you Bruce for writing a review about the Sea Horse. We have been killing fish together for many years now and each trip is always better than the previous. I will do more Scare face imitations on our next trip. This last trip I was so busy putting the boat on fish I temporally forgot to have fun with you. John got off easy, but next trip i will make sure he knows I am watching his fishing techniques. Thank you again for fishing with me and thank you for being my friend.
Your Capt, Rick
PS Dont get high on your own supply!