“Great food and service, no atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ma's Fish Camp

Ma's Fish Camp
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our restaurant atmosphere is warm and friendly. Our food is prepared delightfully light, healthy and flavorful. Our seafood is grilled with lovely toppings - and if you desire fried, we fry in rice oil for good health. We do have delicious, made in house desserts including our Awarding winning traditional Key Lime Pie, German Chocolate Cake and locals favorite Hummingbird Cake. MA's also has a desirable Wine and Beer menu.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great food and service, no atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Smoked fish dip and conch fritters very good. Fish tacos good. Hummingbird cake and key lime pie for dessert were great. Friendly service, just no atmosphere. Still worth a trip.

1 Thank abi j

Homestead, Florida
“MA's Fish Camp -- visited twice and both times we loved it”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I ate here once before and it was really good. We decided to stop here again today on the way back to Miami-Dade from Key West and are sure glad we did. He had the mahi-mahi fish basket, which he says was stinkin' delicious -- fried up perfectly in a light, crispy batter. His meal came with fries, cole slaw, and two hush puppies. I tasted one of the hush puppies and they were perfect hush puppies -- just like the doughboys I remember my daddy cooking in the fish cooker in the front yard at the trailer park years ago back home in Tallahassee. I had the grilled chicken sandwich (with bacon) -- oh Lawd, Lawd, Lawd, tender, juicy, perfect. Mine came with fries too -- perfectly seasoned and I cleaned my plate, honey, let me tell you. We finished our meal by sharing a slice of their homemade key lime pie. They have two varieties: one topped with strawberry puree and white chocolate shavings, and another with sweet meringue. Today we had the strawberry puree version, which was incredibly delicious. (Our last visit we had the meringue version, which was equally as good. We will return on our next visit to the keys, most definitely. We highly recommend this restaurant. Oh, and I almost forgot -- friendly, fast service, with a smile! (The food was so good I almost forgot to mention the folks!)

Greenville, North Carolina
“Seafood and more”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went here for dinner after a long day of travel to the Keys. Wife had the Seafood Pasta (scallops and shrimp with Lemon Caper Butter, I had the Fish Camp Chicken. Both entree's were very good and the gouda & bbq sauce on the chicken was delicious. With my shellfish aversion, we asked for the sweet potato fries as our starter. Being from the south, we never had them with SALT & PEPPER. They were good, but we will stick with cinnamon & sugar.

Michelle, our waitress, was very polite and attentive and catered to our every need. The service was good and the speed was very good (we were hungry!).

It was a bit pricey, but about on par for the keys I guess. And for a hungry traveler who wants a good, tasty meal it was great.

Visited May 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Delicious meal!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Ma's Fish Camp last week. Everything on the menu looked great, but we chose a jumbo shrimp dish, gumbo and the fish tacos. The Key Lime Pie and Boston Cream Cake we had for dessert were made from scratch and tasted amazing. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, attentive and very humorous, which added to the experience as well. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a tasty, well portioned meal at a reasonable price.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Just the place!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We found this place by accident. We are so glad we did. We were not looking for upscale dinning with $40 steak a la cart. We were looking for a good meal. They had just finished with a large party and were putting the dining area back together. We were greeted and seated very quickly. Our waitress was so good and friendly. You could tell that she was happy working there and doing the job that she was hired to do. The food was very good and the fish was so fresh. Portions were good. I have to tell you that their classic key lime pie was to die for. I love good key lime pie, and this one hit my #1 on my key lime pie chart. They put a meringue on it. I have never had it served like that before, but it was the best. All 4 of us talked about our meal and how pleasant it was to be treated like they wanted there and wanted to give us the best food that they could prepare. Make sure you put this restaurant on your list!