“High End Food At Reasonable Prices!”
Review of Ma's Fish Camp - CLOSED

Ma's Fish Camp
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant atmosphere is warm and friendly. Our food is prepared delightfully light, healthy and flavorful. Our seafood is grilled with lovely toppings - and if you desire fried, we fry in rice oil for good health. We do have delicious, made in house desserts including our Awarding winning traditional Key Lime Pie, German Chocolate Cake and locals favorite Hummingbird Cake. MA's also has a desirable Wine and Beer menu.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Quaint restaurant with the nicest staff and pleasant atmosphere make this an ideal choice for a lovely meal.

Our experience became even better as we began to partake of our selections of the evening. The lightly breaded fried conch appetizer was the most spectacular thing I ever tasted. The fried calamari, was as light, fluffy and simply wonderful.The salad was artistically presented, totally fresh and delicious. The hog fish, a local favorite, in lime sauce, was sublime. The Mahi-Mahi sandwich served with rice and beans was delicious.

Whatever you do, save room for dessert as they are a notch above anything else on the island. We had the Deep Dish Key Lime Pie loaded with fresh fruits and whipped cream and felt that we were in cake heaven. The size and quality of the dessert is extremelly generous and big enough to share.

Great service, amazing food, reasonable prices in a lovely restaurant, where we had one of the most enjoyable evenings on the island.

1  Thank Phoenix33

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great place. Conch fritters some of the best I have ever had. Deep dish key lime pie w the strawberry drizzle......if you are sharing, you will battle over who gets the last bite. Absolutely amazing. Will certainly be back!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Yeah, I know I'm SUPPOSED to talk about the seafood here, which is good, but lord help me please if I don't shout to the world about their deep dish key lime pie. It's sprinkled with white chocolate shavings, strawberries, and whipped cream. It is served in dish that is reminiscent of a chocolate sundae surprise. I told the waitress to please call my Cardiologist. But, it's worth it.

My wife, Lili, had the Baja fried tacos which were okay but she should have ordered the Grilled taco instead. We split the seafood conch chowder which was pretty good.

Did I mention the deep dish key lime pie?

All in all, extremely friendly service at a low key place that feels right.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

While vacationing in Islamorada we stumbled upon Ma's Fish Camp. It's a small, unpretentious restaurant with the best fish and the largest portions around. We had the "special" which was Hog Snapper Matecumbe style. Fantastic!
If you go, you must save room for dessert. We shared the deep dish key lime pie. Let me preface this by saying I really don't care for key lime pie. I'll take a bite and I'm done. This pie I couldn't get enough of! This is what key lime pie should be. The pie was topped with fresh strawberries and shaved white chocolate. It had just he right balance of tart and sweet. The graham cracker crust was light and crunchy, not hard and tasteless like most are.
We enjoyed our meal so much we decided to come back again the next night for dinner. This time I had the coconut crusted grouper. Again, I left happy and satisfied.
If you just want a good meal for the money and don't care about sunset views or sitting on the beach while eating, this is a great place to go. The two servers we met could not have been any nicer either!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great food and service. We had the Baja fish tacos and Matacumbe Hog fish. Both dishes were very good, the black beans were great, not just plain old black beans. The hush puppies were quite dense and bland, but everything else was fabulous. It has a casual atmosphere, but was very clean.