“a great stop a must when in the keys”
Review of Lazy Days

Lazy Days
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Reviewed July 14, 2011

i love this place the service ti good the people are friendly, the food is Excellent, drink are wonderful, i have done lunch and dinner there, the veiw is not bad either.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,395)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Having been a Conch in an earlier life and had the pleasure of living in the upper keys I wanted to revisit some of the key delights remembered from those days like Cracked Conch. Someone suggested to us that Lazy Days Restaurant had really great Cracked Conch and to be sure and order it Lazy Style. There were 5 of us for dinner. We were seated without delay but from that moment on things really slowed down as far as service. The waiter finally took our drink and appetizer order and then we waited after about 30 min we inquired about the appetizer and were told the order had been placed. We were seated close enough to the semi-open kitchen to see how chaotic it was. The ? main cook was very emotional and several times really treated the wait staff rudely - screaming at them. We were seated right next to the counter where the servers completed the orders before taking them out to the diners......food sat there way too long....we also saw a ROACH crawl up and over this same counter.
By the time our food finally arrived none of us were hungry........The roadh really took our appetite way + we had eaten our appetizer, salad and bread (they served hot rolls and banana bread loaves). 3 in our party ordered steaks with crab cakes and were all over cooked. I had the lazy conch and my husband had the plain cracked conch. The conch had been so chopped up it was like eating ground meat with a thin layer of breading. Also watching a ROACH crawl around with all those people about and a chaotic, loud, rude cook can definitely say this is not a place we would return to nor recommend. You pay way too much for less than mediocre food, poor service and questionable cleanliness.

1  Thank Leonilda1245
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Great deck, food is pretty good. Excellent key lime pie. We are full.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Our second trip to the Florida Keys, we were very excited to try the famous "Lazy Days". For starters, you must call ahead and reserve a table!! We had been on a plane and in the car all day, and were not allowed to sit in one of the many empty tables outside because we hadn't called ahead! We were very disappointed... The food was extremely average tasting... and pretty unreasonably priced. We are a family of four and got 2 entrees; the fried seafood platter and the grouper with "Greek Roasted" potatoes with rice. $66!!! The seafood platter was again, average. The grouper was rubbery and covered in WAY too many toppings. The potatoes.... extremely undercooked, VERY flimsy. The rice was ehh... so-so. The one positive I can say is that our waiter was very polite and very helpful! And their banana bread was amazing!! I just wish they spent as much time on the food as they spent baking the bread!! I was so mad because I had read and heard so many great things about this restaurant and was extremely disappointed. Don't waste your money!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family and I visited Lazy days the past week, based upon the recommendation of a staff member at our hotel. Nice view from the deck, oceanside, however the service was average, and the food I can only describe as Red Lobster goes to the Florida keys. Actually Red Lobster is better. I had the Broiled seafood platter. Absolutely tasteless, my son ate the Lobster Lorenzo, he endured a stomach ache from the food for quite a few hours, I don't know the origin of this so called dish, but I believe it came from the murky depths of the Atlantic ocean.
I think it would be a great place for a drink after the beach, however I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone for anything else than a couple of cold beers.