“Nice Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Ocean View Inn and Sports Pub
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was the second time I stayed here on my way down to Key West. Room was clean, nice patio out back. When I got there at 2100 they were still serving food, which was good as there are not a lot of places open to eat that late at night. I ate the dolphin sandwich, which is what I had the first time I was there and it was just as good as I remembered it. The only thing that I had wrong was a towel bar in the bathroom was broken, which I did not notice until the next morning. i mentioned it on check out and they said that they already knew about it and were getting it fixed. I had another nice stay there and will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank BrandonDeWitt

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed one night and booked two rooms. The rooms were clean but reeked of bleach. Had to air them out before we could go inside. There is no hotel office, you have to go into the dank bar and the bartender checks you in. She was extremely unfriendly and rude. Unfortunately I did not get her name. Had to go back and ask for a rollout bed and she was ruder still. The pool is apparently used by anyone who drinks at the bar and their families not just the hotel guests. It was crowded. We did eat at the outside bar with a much nicer bartender and the food was good. I agree with a previous reviewer about the place going down hill. Needs some serious maintenance.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Suspar
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Third year we traveled by boat to watch the Kentucky Derby. Years past, this place was clean, well run, super nice staff, & good food.
Don't know what has happened....but this place is a dump. Filthy, rusted fans hanging fm the ceiling, bathrooms were gross, and there was obviously no one there to manage the few people who were there.
Both bartenders on Derby day were rude & obnoxious. They really weren't stretched b/c there weren't a lot of people there.
No desert on the menu(???) Had to ask 3 times to have our drinks refreshed(???) Watched the race, and couldn't get out of there fast enough. We learned....the hard way....why this place wasn't packed with people. Never again-

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Leslie D
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in room #7 at the end (2 queen beds). The shower head in this room has a piercing spray that we could not adjust to make softer, so it was a bit painful. Water pressure was strong! Very clean room, nice private patio with outdoor shower and path leading to the pool and bar area. The pool was great, lots of people were using it each day – very convenient walk up area to bar so you could eat/drink by the pool. There was a large gas firepit with 6 Adirondack chairs that we used both nights, which was very relaxing. The bar has a nice outdoor area out back and it got pretty busy Sat and Sun nights. There is a path that leads to their boat dock and the bayside, and we saw numerous boats coming and going, so this is a very popular local hangout. Prices were very fair for drinks and food as well. This place is very comfy and good for un-fussy people. It is nicer than it looks when you pull in.
Two security things to be aware of: the front doors to the rooms lock automatically, so if you have your key inside the room and you are out by your car and the door shuts, you are locked out of your room. The other issue is with the sliding glass door. There is no way to lock it from the outside when you go out the back to the pool, so your room essentially remains open via the sliding glass door. You could keep that door locked from the inside and just use the front door and get to the pool through the bar, but that is inconvenient. There is also no one watching who goes where once you leave the pool area and head back towards each individual room path. We had no problems, I am just mentioning it as an FYI for others.

Room Tip: #7 was at the far end. Very little outside noise. AC unit was loud but I like that white noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank threedogsmom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Easy to drive by, but don't. Beautiful bay view out back in a "come as you are" outdoor diner. Nothing fancy, plastic cutlery, but the best burgers and sandwiches, and fun staff. Felt right at home. Indoor sports pub, pool, rooms. An essential stop during your stay in the keys. It's just exactly what you need. Relax and enjoy!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leslie b
Reviewed February 3, 2014

From the outside, this property looks old and small, but looks can be deceiving. Our room (#7) was very comfortable and spacious with a private patio overlooking some palm trees. A garden path leads to a small pool and a farther walk to the gulf. There is no ocean view. We were the last room away from the bar, which obviously can become noisy. It is a half a block away from the Theatre of the Sea. Although you can hear the cars from the Overseas Highway, it was not noisy at night. However, the air conditioner was quite noisy. Luckily we did not have to use it.

Room Tip: The farther away from the Pub, the quieter. Room 7 is the farthest away.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccg20
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This review is only for the pub, and more specifically, the outdoor bar area. I was here for both nights of my stay in the Keys, as after the first night, I had to go back the next. Draft beer was cheap and served in ice cold mugs, and the pulled pork sandwich was delicious. The onion rings were tasty as well. Service from the bartenders (Kimmie and Mark) on each night was great, and they were quick to change a tv to another college football bowl game when requested. Granted, it was not a packed house when I visited, but I loved the atmosphere of the outdoor area. The fire pit was lit on the evenings I was there, and added some nice ambiance (but it was still too warm for this northerner to need to sit by it). I did not get to use the pool, nor did I venture down the path towards the water as it was after dark on each of my visits. I would certainly stop here again on a future visit to the Keys.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo