“Very cute and very clean”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Ocean View Inn and Sports Pub
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently for only one night (Saturday 7/23/11). I chose this place due to the great reviews here, and their cute rooms pictured on their website. The price is right compared to prices of other resorts/hotels in the area too. As expected, our room was very clean and spacious. There were some ants in the bathroom, but that is expected in hot Florida. And, the only drawback was the sink at the wet bar did not work, but we didn't need it. The microwave and fridge were very handy to have. The private patio (one off of each room) was a nice touch . We enjoyed lunch in the bar when we first arrived, which was very good. It is definately a "locals" place, which is good. It is laid back and friendly. They did have a benefit going on this night for a local woman to raise money (which was a nice thing to do). Luckily we heard about it in time to go out for dinner early, so we'd still have a parking spot when we returned to our room. It got pretty busy and there was a big party going on inside and outside at the pool area that night, which didn't bother us too much. We never got a chance to enjoy the pool though because there were locals hanging out there all afternoon, and then at night for the party. But, we enjoyed people watching and strolling the paths around the rooms by the pool. We found a key lime tree just outside our room!! The grounds behind the hotel area are very nice, with small whimsical touches that you don't see the first time you walk around. The trail leading to the small boat dock was nice for sunset viewing. Overall it was a cute, fun place to stay. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank indianakaty

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We got married at the OV in June of 2009. They Did a wonderful job. I have have been going to The OV since May of 2006, think I have stayed there at least 20 times and plan on being there again in August of 2011. We always had a great time at the OV and have found the the staff friendly and helpful, they treat you, like you treat them... so kick back relax be nice and enjoy your stay. We LOVE the OV.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ziggysdaddy
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Her name is GAYLE!!! (as she RUDELY replied when I asked her name). To make A long story short, she wanted us to move to the back of the bar to watch the soccer game coz' she just started her shift and don't feel like serving anyone at this time. She cussed at the customers and when asked where the manager was another bartender said: You want me to be the manager? GEEZ! Who is managing this place?? Do not go here if you want to have a good time! The staff will ruin your day or vacation!!! Go to HOG HEAVEN!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank trimbleme1
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed there one night in May on my solo motorcylce trip. The room was very nice and clean and the bathroom had a walk-in shower. The traffic on the main highway was not a problem. Only had a drink at the bar but the bar food looked good and the place was crowded. My only complaint was the price and I thought I had been quoted $120.79 which is what I wrote down when making the reservation over the phone but the price when I got there was $149 plus tax. There's no written confirmation of the room price so be careful when making the reservation. For one single guy on a motorcycle it was a little pricey so don't think I would stay there again unless I was bringing my better half.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ralph1948
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Pros
-Very clean.
-Plenty of room.
-Good staff.
-Well thought out facility.
-Colorful polite characters in the bar.
-$89 a night, and clean and safe. Are you kidding me!
-While near the road noise was not a problem.

Reommendation
-The bar should get a bell or someothing to alert that people are in the room to check into the hotel so they should stop the bar behavour.

Room Tip: No idea.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

You will not find a better place to stay (Only 7 Private Rooms) on the Bayside than the Ocean View Motel, Restaurant and Pool. The people are fun, the atmosphere is like the old Florida Keys and the staff have a great time too!

Owned by Former UM Hall of Fame Football Player and Pittsburgh Steeler great Gary Dunn, he keeps everyone in good spirits and on their toes. From Debbie, to Linda to Shirlie and Barb the bartenders, it's no wonder why everyone has a good time.

Plus, the food is great whether they cook your own fish or eat at the restaurant inside or outside or by the pool, they make it all. And you can enjoy Wednesday Flip Night at the Bar or Thursday NY Strip Specials nobody does it better than the OV (Ocean View).

Right off HWY 1 and Mile Marker 84.5 Bay Side, you can come by car or boat, just leave the keys at the dock.

For affordable room rates, a little fun in the sun, the Ocean View is the place to go when visiting Islamorada, Florida. For more information, Call Lars or Linda at (305) 665-8052.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 can reach the WIFI Signal
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnTDiaz
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Chose this as a one night stay on the way to Key West due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. Nothing fancy but a great value for what they charge. Their web site shows photos of each of the 7 rooms and what you see is what you get. The outdoor patio was very nice. We really enjoyed the outside sports bar and the food was delicious. We liked it so much that we stayed a second night on our way home from Key West. The band on Sunday afternoon was one of the better bands I have heard in a bar in a long time. We would stay here again in a heartbeat but would bring a bunch of friends to enjoy the fun.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple