“Get what you pay for! It ain't so bad.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2006

Ya know, some of these hotels for high prices can be just as bad as the worst hotel you have ever stayed at. My mother from California and I (Miami Beach resident) stayed at one of the two named hotels, sorry can't be sure which and it doesn't really matter). We were pleased with the price, pleased that the room was clean and were really happy about having picnic tables with benches and additional seating right outside our door. I contemplate going back all the time, but have no time.

The price was very right considering we were only sleeping and watching the tube in the room. The atmosphere was terrific - relaxed, plenty of room and the beds were decent. Kitchenette, too! Great restaurant with lovely view just down the alley!

I checked into a Motel 6 in Rohnert Park Calif. once and after asking for three different rooms because I found in the first room: hair in the bathroom sink, the second room: ashes on the bedside table and trash littering the floor in the third room - I checked right back out. Downstairs the latino help were listening to loud hispanic music and laughing and talking loudly - this was at about 3pm. There was garbage all around the exterior of the building. And that, my friends, is a National Chain motel.

So - I guess you really have to balance your view and consider what you have and what you paid for it. The rooms at the Motel 6 were, BTW, $59 US. Bluefin/Key Lantern was about ! $10 less. I felt we got a bargain at this well kept, albeit old, hotel whose owners were very sweet, honest and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank LocalGal2006

Sand Springs. Ok
Reviewed March 12, 2006

If your looking for a spa or resort, then you need not look here, But if your looking for a clean cool room then this is it.
We knew we wouldn't be in our room much...just to sleep. We wanted to find a good rate so we could spend our money on other things. Like deep sea diving, fishing, and the best thing,,,, the food. HAHA.
By staying here we were able to do that.
we had a kitchenette. the outside could use a little more care, but it was clean and the staff was very nice.
we are going back in May o6 for a week and hope to stay there again.
the outdoor bar is great in the evening for drinks.
we must say. if your looking for a bargan then this is the place to stay.
why pay high prices fro somthing your not going to be using much...when you can spend your money on enterment, and food.
Have fun in the Keys.

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2006

My husband and I wanted to go to Holiday Isles Hotel for the party atmosphere, tiki bar, music, beach, etc. It was booked so we made a reservation at the Blue Fin Inn. It was approximately a third of the price ($60) and it was fairly clean, ok place to sleep after spending the day at Holiday Isles. Outside looks junky but inside was very ok for the price. Nice new outside bar/restaurant with entertainment next door, the Lorilei. A perfect place if you are just looking for a place to crash if you are going fishing and just need a room.

4  Thank darritz
Seattle Wa
Reviewed February 16, 2006

The photos on the internet made it look like an inexpensive clean no frills place to stay, which is what we were looking for. We were worried when we got there because it doesnt look to hot on the outside and has a trashy little trailer park right next to it but the man at the counter was great, then we went to our room.

We were really worried on the way to our room because almost every rooms door was propped open as if the air conditioning didnt work. We walked in and it looked like it should be rented by the hour. It was disgustingly dirty, I would never even take my shoes off. There is no way I would even step into that shower it was so filthy. We turned on the air conditioner and it smelled so strongly of urine that I set the keys on the table and walked out. I didnt even bother to try to get my money back.

I cant believe people actually stay here. Its the most disgusting place I have ever seen. We went down to the La Jolla about half a mile away and it was great, right on the water and VERY clean.

• Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
fort lauderdale
Reviewed May 6, 2005

Rooms are spacious,clean and a great deal! It is no spa but for the price did you expect one? Close to everthing and just a great find...

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
warwick, r. i.
Reviewed February 25, 2005

Our second year at the Blue Fin was as good as the first. Clean, convenient and Deb and Larry are accomadating and very hospitable hosts.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Titusville, FL
Reviewed August 27, 2004

The Key Lantern is an afordable choice for those who wish to visit the keys. The new or I should say the most recent owners of the Lantern are very helpful and friendly. If you do not need the fan fare of a resort STAY HERE. And then you can spend the money you saved eating at all the wonderful resturants, fishing on the tour boats and visiting nearby attractions Islamorada has to offer.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member