“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Great find....Well maintained and relaxing place to stay. The Manager was very pleasant and proud of the property. Certainly a place to seek out while in the Keys.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband, our Boston Terriers and I stayed here for one night on 5/24. I had flown into Miami and our ultimate destination was Key West. This was a good stopping point.

Kathy was very friendly and our two dogs were welcomed and even got to run around a bit with the resident Jack Russell.

Our room was clean and comfortably furnished. The grounds are just beautiful.

The hotel is on the water and we spent time sitting out by the water relaxing.

Our only regret was that we didn't have longer to spend. Next time!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We have stayed at the Sands of Islamorada twice, once at Christmas 2008 and again at Easter 2009. We had a wonderful experience both times. The Sands of Islamorada is a delightful, small, immaculate place to stay. We were able to relax, rejuvenate, and enjoy the beauty of the Keys. The natural beauty of the Keys is present in every aspect of this resort.. I cannot say enough about the managers, Kathy and Bob Snyder. They attend to your every need, while respecting your privacy. After staying there twice, we consider them our friends. We enjoyed this resort with our beloved dog, Winston. Kathy made Chai Tea for him every morning. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
hollywood
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We decided to get away for a short weekend to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We went to the Sands of Islamorada, one because it was dog friendly, and the second was because it was very reasonable.
At first I was a bit wary that the price was so good, maybe the place would be dirty and dumpy, but was I ever mistaken!
The place is beautiful! Very clean, and so quaint! We had a great room right on the ocean with a porch, a hammock swing and the view was breathless! there was a kitchen fully stocked with all the tools we needed and a barbeque for anyone to use.

The pier stretched out 75 feet and reminded us of those very relaxing Corona commercials!

We will be back soon and highly recommend you stay there and say hello to Kathy & Bob who do an incredible job running their little peice of paradise! They we're the best Inn Keepers I have ever dealt with! Thank youy for making our trip so wonderful!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte Harbor, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2009

If you are 100% sure you are going, make a reservation. I made mine July of 2008 and due to the economy and my sister who was traveling with me losing her job, I had to cancel in September. I HAVE BEEN TRYING SINCE THEN TO GET MY DEPOSIT RETURNED TO ME. The last time I called in March of 2009, a credit was supposedly put through to my credit card for the refund while I was on the phone. WELL it's now the end of April and Guess What? Yep, no refund, and they won't answer phone calls from my credit card company. JUST A WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2008
4 Thank linnie62
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed here about ten years ago, when on the week after Christmas it was the only place we could find that was not booked solid. We came back later and again loved it. Last year we brought our three grandkids and mother-in-law. Had some issues, only one burner of two burner stove worked, pull out sofa was very uncomfortable but the kids didn't mention it,as they were having so much fun at the pool, hot tub and the off shore snorkling area that they could slept on a rock. This year we again have a place reserved for us and the grand kids. If you come here bring a fishing rod and a bait bucket because the fishing off the rocks is great. My eleven year old g-daughter caught two large bone fish last year plus hundreds of other types of fun fish. Snorkling around the rocks { about two hundred yards from the dock} is great. You see all types of reef fish and other great sites. You can wade to the rocks at low tide. All in all this is a great place to stay if you have kids. The management works hard to make this place a great place to stay.

• Liked — Quiet and lovely
  • Disliked — Limited parking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)