Lookout Lodge Resort
$203
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
$276
$259
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
$517
$319
$239
SmithHotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $269/night.

La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$219
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$186
$181
All reviewsmarker restaurantmile markerprivate beach areaclassic keysnight lifeboat dockinglive musicflorida keysthe ritz carltonwatch the sunsetkeys experienceparrot fishrooms are cleantiki hutthe upper keysthe entire staffsmall kitchen
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Seven of us went to Islamorada for a five day fishing trip. Lookout Lodge was a perfect home base. We had two rooms, each with a full kitchen and living room and two bedrooms. Everyone had their own bed and it cost us each about $60/night. Rooms are clean. There are also gas grills where we cooked our catch. Nice little beach and great sunsets. Plus, Marker 88 restaurant and bar is right next door. Overall, nothing fancy, but exactly what we needed and a great value.

Room Tip: Room 206 gives you a water view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jbright31
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Spent a few nights with three friends at Lookout Lodge in the past week or so. Not a real fancy place, but friendly, very comfortable and homey (just right). The rooms were very clean and well stocked with everything we needed to cook and prepare picnic lunches. The grounds were fantastic - quiet, private and beautiful sunsets. Coffee in the early morning sitting on the beach was "the best". We enjoyed using the gas grills for evening meals after days of swimming, snorkeling, and buying "fresh" at the fish markets. I would recommend Lookout Lodge to anyone and would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I really liked the Lookout Lodge. It's a great location in Islamorada and had a nice cozy feel to it. We booked the mini suite and were upgraded to a 2 bedroom. It was very roomy and clean and had a lot of the comforts of home. The grounds were beautiful. I just wish we could have enjoyed a few sunsets but the weather was not agreeing with us that weekend. I would definately go back though. Unless you're Miss Priss and would freak out at the sight of a few ants or something (this is FL on the water) you will love this place. I personally don't need 5 star accommodations. I prefer the smaller, quaint and friendly places like this. Oh and I called the morning of check out and asked if we could check out a little late (we got sooooo sea sick the night before at Robbie's Marina night fishing) and she was so great about it. Thanks again, you have no idea how much we needed a couple more hours before the long drive home!!!

Room Tip: I booked online and got an email a few hours later notifying me I was upgraded. I was grateful for the extra space!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndreaLM0424
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just left the Lookout Lodge resort located at Mile marker 88 in Florida keys bayside and let me tell you, I was very impressed. For a smaller hotel resort, this place has got to be the best value for the atomsphere in the area. Booked online based on reviews, and when we got there it lived up to the billing! Great rooms, very well appointed furnishings including the very comfortable bed, private beach area with one awesome sunset view. The owner came out at sunset with comp wine and cheese for us too! We stayed in a waterfront suite on second floor with a big screened porch overlooking the water for 3 nights and spent $200+ a night. Full immenities including small kitchen with full size refrig made it nice during the day to snack, etc. Has a small deep water boat basin that we kept our 21ft boat in, and was nice and protected dockage. Very quiet and private. Located next door is a 5-Star resturant with one awesome "tiki bar" right on waters edge. Outside dining under the stars was fantastic. I read another review posted here on trip advisor from someone calling themself "AG1619", and he/she must of gotten their hotels mixed up when they posted because I've got to tell you, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LOOKOUT LODGE RESORT in Islamorada if you are staying in this region. This place is quality, quiet, private, and has a great resturant with outside seating/bar right on the water. No pool, but has swimming and snorkeling area right off their private sandy beach. Have been staying here since 2008, and is our #1 choice in area by far.

Room Tip: Try and stay as close to the water as you can. The main building is right off main highway and 1st rooms may be a little "road noisey". We have stayed here multiple times since 2008, and the owner is constantly upgrading the property overall. Definitely our #1 choice in this area!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I travel extensively, and this is the 2nd-worst hotel in which I've ever stayed. Unfortunately I made my reservation at the Lookout Lodge based on favorable reviews on hotels.com. I don't know how anyone who stayed at this place could rate it favorably.

The property is old and in horrible shape. The room is not just 'dated,' it's ancient and in poor condition. Further, the floors were filthy and there were ant-like bugs in the bathroom. If we had not prepaid we would not have stayed. The beds were old and uncomfortable, the appliances noisy, and the room smelled.

This hotel was outrageously priced given its awful condition. Stay away unless you want to be sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay with a national chain, and check more than one review site.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple