“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Islamorada. I had read some unfavorable reviews prior to our visit and was a bit skeptical. I was delighted, however, with everything the hotel had to offer. Upon arrival, we were given a free upgrade since we were celebrating our anniversary. The rooms smelled fresh and were very clean. The pool was so relaxing. The hotel management and staff were very friendly. We had one issue - I couldn't get the safe open when we were leaving. I called the front desk, and they had a repair man at my door within minutes. He was able to open the safe without any problem. Everything was great!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
Larchmont, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was really impressed by this hotel. I usually have a good experience with Hampton Inns, but this one was particularly nice. The location is perfect, at the more southern end of Islamorada. We had a two bedroom suite with a kitchen, which was terrific for our family - although we didn't really use the kitchen. I forget our rate but I remember it was a very good value. We overlooked the pool and the water. Very nice view. Amazingly, the hotel had a fair amount of charm, given that it is a chain. Was decorated tastefully for the Keys. Standard breakfast included - nothing super amazing but well stocked and very serviceable. You can eat outside by the pool. The little beach was quite the gem - very attractive and I didn't expect that. The hotel had a very nice gift shop (and I don't really care about gift shops but it was nice enough to warrant a mention!) There is an Outback steak house on site which offers a good reasonably priced family dining experience if you don't feel like leaving the property or want to hang by the pool. There was music outside some evenings which got a bit noisy but didn't go too late. Nice staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights...no where near enough!

Beautiful setting, friendly staff. Rooms are not that modern but clean and really big. Complimentary breakfast is handy. Rooms did not have a fridge which would have been a great help.

Onsite restaurant is great and reasonably priced.

All in all a very relaxing few days. Would definately come back.

Room Tip: If budget will allow go for the larger suite with kitchette..where a fridge is included.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed there on our way to Key West. We had an ocean front suite, great view and seperate bed room. We stayed there because we had a late check in Key West and the website advertises a 2 pm check out for AARP members. Don't count on it when I inquired about it no one at the hotel knew what I was talking about. I could not cancel out because of the hotels 72 hour cancellation policy. My confirmation said 11 am check out even though I booked at the AARP rate. We called Hampton main office and they rewrote the confirmation stating we were taking advantage of the 2 pm check out. Thinking there was no problem we checked in but they clerk still didn't know what we were talking about . We were not happy , the clerk said we would have talk to the manager in the morning. So now we spent the whole night in suspense wondering if we were going to have sit in our car for 5 hours after having spent 300 dollars for night under the thought we could stay until 2 pm. If we knew this was going to happen we would have stayed someplace a lot cheaper. We called Hampton again and told them what happened , not much of a response. We spoke to the manager in the morning and after a time they let us stay until 1pm but I could see he was not happy. This must be a corporate decision to attract more business. It worked for me. So seniors beware if you stay at a Hampton because of the late check out you better speak to someone in charge before you book. The fact it is all over the web doesn't mean anything. That aside it is a lovely place.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My son and friends recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Islamorada, Fla. The entire place and staff were 1st class! They had traveled all nite from the Carolinas and were dead beat tired. When arriving they were hours away from check in time. The front desk indicated " Not a problem- room ready" It made all the differance to get check-in and take a nap! Thanks for keeping my family safe and sound!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

islamorada, Fl, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our stay at this Hampton Inn was a very pleasent surprise. The Staff was friendly and responsive the hotel well appointed and the waterfront as good as anyplace we've seen. We are even able to swim with a Manatee right off the dock. Our room was clean, bright and large with a separate bedroom. The beds were pretty hard and we are used to soft but the rest of the "good" really out weighed the beds. Few kids and a quiet pool area made this very relaxing.

Zanesville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night on our way through to Key West. The staff is very friendly! The rooms are nice but the furniture is a little dated. The bathrooms could use an update and fresh caulk. These are little things that didn't really bother us but I felt should be noted regarding my rating. The one thing that made me question ever wanting to stay again was the bed. The bed was VERY firm. I usually sleep with a pillow top mattress. I didn't feel like I got any restful sleep because my back hurt and I was in so much pain. My husband likes a firm mattress so it was fine for him. The property is great. They have a nice pool and a small 'beach' area in the back right on the water. The tiki bar on the property is nice too.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle
Casa Morada
Casa Morada
#1 of 19 in Islamorada
Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost

Been to Amara Cay Resort? Share your experiences!