TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fantastic Dive with the best hosts ever

I have been diving for over 30 years. Mike and Kim are the bests hosts I've had the pleasure to... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
slickrick2019
Exceptional time and memories of a lifetime

Reviewed September 3, 2019
Peter S
Hackettstown, New Jersey

All reviews captain mike dive trip exceptional care reef sharks cattle boat shallow dive great dives amazing snorkeling these folks feel like family lobster the florida keys outstanding experience top notch small group dive sites awesome trip
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I joked with Mike that I was not going to write a review because I didn't want his secret to get out. I've been diving for over 30 years and after my recent trip to the keys Sun Sport Charters & Scuba is at the top of my list.

If you're looking for a private charter look no further. Sun Sports if your place to go.

Mike and Kim are gracious hosts that truly seek to make your time with them a lifelong memory that you will cherish. And if you can't remember, don't worry, Mike will capture it on his GoPro and provide you with the videos. The undercurrent here (pun intended) is safety. Mike is extremely thorough about ensuring that you have a safe and fun experience.

Mike has the ability to accommodate 2 - 6 divers and the cost is competitive with large scale operators. The truth is, the large scale operators can't really compete here at all. Mike provides personalized service - what time do you want to go? Where do you want to dive? Do you want Mike to guide you or do you want to go on your own? Want Mike to guide you for a portion of your dive? On a shallow dive and you want to stay down 45, 50, 60, 70 minutes? Stay down as long as you want, just come back with 700 lbs in your tank. You decide all of this because it's your vacation. My advice - leave it to Mike and Kim. They know the area and we had fantastic dives with them.

The only thing I requested that Mike didn't deliver on was fewer clouds in the sky.

It's time to think out of the box. Want to make it a 3 tank dive day instead of 2? No problem. Night dive your thing, great, let's do it. Want to try a dive at 5 AM instead? The keyword here is flexibility.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Peter S
Mike M, Owner at Sun Sports Charter and Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Peter,
Thank you for the the Great review, We absolutely loved having you and your daughters out with us for the few days, and certainly look forward to having you all back.

Everyone were such great divers and it was a joy to guide on this trip, Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the video clips...

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Mike and Kim make a great team and will go out of their way to customize your experience. We had a great day snorkeling at the reef, only sorry that we didnt have a little more time at the sandbar! A definite A+ recommendation

Date of experience: August 2019
Mike M, Owner at Sun Sports Charter and Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Thank You Mario, it was great to meet you and your family and friends, next time we can customize your trip with some diving, snorkeling and a dedicated sandbar trip... It will be fun.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

Our party of 6 spent a wonderful day aboard Mike and Kim's boat. We highly recommend this charter and look forward to diving with them again on our next trip to the keys. Great people, relaxed atmosphere, and always looking to make your trip with them the best.

Date of experience: July 2019
Mike M, Owner at Sun Sports Charter and Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Rose,
Thank you for the great review, we absolutely enjoyed you and your family. We certainly look forward to having you all back. Welcome to the Sunsports Family!

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

I can’t say enough great things to completely give this charter justice.

If you’re in the upper Keys and want that special experience to make your trip memorable; you need to book Sun Sports Charter and Scuba.

Scuba, Snorkeling, Spearfishing, Sightseeing, and Sandbar Trips at YOUR time, on YOUR schedule at YOUR pace and YOUR locations.

Don’t waste your time on a crowded and busy cattle boat. You’re in the Keys for a memorable and rewarding experience.
Mike and Kim both provide the personalized service you want and need at its very best.

1  Thank 92shawnk
Mike M, Owner at Sun Sports Charter and Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Wow, Thank you Shawn for that awesome review. We absolutely love having you and Laura on the boat and hope you enjoyed your Lobster mini Season and the Sandbar trip... We certainly had a Blast with you all... Hope to see you sooner than Later and its Great to have you and Laura as members of the SunSports Family!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2019

Mike and Kim provide a wonderful service. This trip was me and my son, who both need a SCUBA refresher. Mike was an excellent divemaster who seamlessly integrated a review of skills with two great dives. Knew where to find interesting creatures and items underwater and very pleasant to hang out with. He is a retired Marine/Army service member. Kim was very hospitable and worked the boat like they were a well-oiled machine, which they are because they have been married for quite a while. Honestly cannot think of a single negative thing to say. Great experience and will do again.

Date of experience: July 2019
Mike M, Owner at Sun Sports Charter and Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2019

Mike, It was truly our honor to meet you and your son, we certainly enjoyed getting to know you both and we are glad you had a great time. It was great to have that military bond with you, Thank you for the great review and welcome to the Sunsports family of divers. we look forward to having you out again with us.. Please stay in touch...