“A DEFINITE MUST WHEN TRAVELING TO THE KEYS ”
Review of Hungry Tarpon

Hungry Tarpon
Ranked #24 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the Florida Keys you'll find this old Keys-style marina and fish shack "somewhere on A1A." A true conch atmosphere with many tasty delights, here in this Florida Keys restaurant you'll find yourself indulged in the Caribbean-inspired cuisine, the compassionate people and old Keys tranquility that is the Hungry Tarpon restaurant in Islamorada. The building has been standing since 1947 and with a home like Robbie's of Islamorada, plus a fascinating history, it all makes the Hungry Tarpon a part of the tradition since 1976. Enjoy dining on our bayside deck with tiki torches lighting up the night. Relax with friends over our fabulous appetizers and watch the boats come and go. Stroll our open air shops then wander to our sandy beach, melt into one of our bayside lounge chairs and let the sea air wash away the rush of the day.
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Floridian that lives in Fort Lauderdale and I frequent the keys often ..and this place is a Must Stop for me and my Family whether it's morning or night the food here is GREAT !!! For Breakfast I would suggest the Massive Burrito every bite is full of flavor
For lunch or Diner the Conch Ceviche and the Fish tacos are always the freshest they can be, straight out of the Ocean ...
Ask for JENNA or PAM two local keys girls that always have a smile on their face and are good for a laugh and AWESOME SERVICE !!
Ohhhh and make sure you always save yourself a little bit of Room for their Home Made Mango Key Lime Pie !!! If not get your self a piece to go you won't b disappointed !!!

There are newer reviews for Hungry Tarpon

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I love this place! The lobster crepes are full of lobster and the hollandaise sauce is wonderful!
I always make Robbie's one of my stops when I visit Islamarada !

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We decided to have dinner here on our last night in the Keys. It is not far from the Lime Tree Bay Resort in Long Key. It is part of Robbie's Marina which has little huts with unique items to purchase. You can view the marina and watch the people feed the tarpon which is very entertaining. The food was very good. I really enjoyed the lobster bisque and shrimp burrito! My husband had the fish tacos which he liked as well. we would definitely go back!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visit the keys on a regular basis, and the Hungry Tarpon is a must stop on our list. The area is laid back, feeding the fish is fun and the food is outstanding. They always have local catch on hand - which is part of the reason we choose to eat there and Chef Carlos knows his seafood. The selections are fresh and the portions are generous; we have eaten there countless times and have never been disappointed with the food. We decided to include a picture of our last dinner - grouper on one plate, and diver scallops on the other so you can see what a plate looks like. By the way, the place may not be "fancy" but the scallops were better then the ones we had at Pierres a day later.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ate breakfast twice and supper once at this outdoor restaurant (I believe that there was a small indoor area on the other side of the building as well).
Food was good with nice portions and reasonable prices - better than another place we ate. Service was good...nobody hovering, but we got what we needed when we wanted it.
Lots of people watching in the morning as kids are trying to feed the Tarpon, boats coming/going, and pelicans trying to get whatever they can. The evening we were there was quiet, music playing from the bar, and nice servers.