“Best Breakfast Burritos Ever!”
Review of Hungry Tarpon

Hungry Tarpon
Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the Florida Keys you'll find this old Keys-style marina and fish shack "somewhere on A1A." A true conch atmosphere with many tasty delights, here in this Florida Keys restaurant you'll find yourself indulged in the Caribbean-inspired cuisine, the compassionate people and old Keys tranquility that is the Hungry Tarpon restaurant in Islamorada. The building has been standing since 1947 and with a home like Robbie's of Islamorada, plus a fascinating history, it all makes the Hungry Tarpon a part of the tradition since 1976. Enjoy dining on our bayside deck with tiki torches lighting up the night. Relax with friends over our fabulous appetizers and watch the boats come and go. Stroll our open air shops then wander to our sandy beach, melt into one of our bayside lounge chairs and let the sea air wash away the rush of the day.
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

So we went to Robbies to feed the tarpon in the past and someone referred us to eat breakfast at the Hungry Tarpon and glad they did! I ordered the Ranchero Burrito, it was perfect! The burrito was the perfect portion with salsa and sour cream. The staff was friendly and atmosphere was beautiful. Definitely going to come back for dinner! I hear that is good too!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed in Islamorada, Florida for the entire month of May. We had breakfast at Robbie's Hungry Tarpon 7 times during our stay. I absolutely love the Gringo Sandwich. However they employ possibly the WORST waitresses that I have ever encountered. Being a waitress myself, I would recommend to the owners' of The Hungry Tarpon to hire the little blonde girl with the cowboy hat who was hostessing at the time, as a waitress since she was the only person that knew what she was doing. We were seated outside at the counter on May 16th, 2013, while we waited for 30 minutes for a waitress to even come to take our drink order. No one ever showed up. My husband wanted to leave after 15 minutes but I persuaded him to wait a bit longer because I love the food. After waiting for a half hour we walked out. My husband refuses to ever eat there again. He complained that every time we went there the service was awful and he is correct. But I really do love the food. I hope I can change his mind in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We ate at the little bar right in front of the water. We had so much fun watching people feed the tarpons, and watching the pelicans ask for a little food too. The food was really good. I had the fish tacos. You could tell that the people around us were enjoying their food also. The staff works very hard here, but are very pleasant. Donna was terrific!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

When it comes to breakfast I'm typically simple and want it good. Their "gringo" a grilled sourdough breakfast sandwich, is a perfect start to a hard day on the water or the couch. From what everyone at my table says everything else is good too...

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

On our way to Key West, we stopped by Robbies for breakfast. Right away we were greeted by a wonderful server. She was attentive and prompt and also gave advice on places to see in Key West. We ordered the mimosas with cranberry and oj (do try!) I had a burrito that was enough for 3 people and my husband ordered the Purple Isle. Oh the Purple Isle! Crepes loaded (loaded as in 1-2 tails worth) of delicious lobster meat, hollandaise, and scallions. These alone are worth a trip to the keys! Do yourself a huge favor and stop by the Hungry Tarpon for breakfast!