The Moorings Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
Kon-Tiki Resort(Islamorada)
Islander Resort(Islamorada)
  • Pool
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
Ocean House(Islamorada)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagespalm treesthe parkerbig ebeach cafemango cottageplantation housemorada bayprivate beachfull kitchenour honeymoonpaddle boardsfull moon partylarge poolspa servicesbedroom cottagenurse sharks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 days at the moorings in mid September. It was off season so there wasn't a soul around. Their beautiful big(biggest one on islamorada) beach has shady palms, hammocks and chairs that won't let you leave! The big pool is a perfect alternative when you get too hot at the beach. We stayed in lodge north, our parents in lodge south, which are two separate areas but share a porch. Perfect for couples traveling together but that would also like privacy. The grounds are lush and perfectly maintained and the staff attentive to every need should you ask. We were given bikes and even a charcoal grill upon request. Each side of our shared cottage had a very usable kitchen, full size fridge and freezer, awesome beds, living room area with tv. Lodge north had bigger living area and kitchen and lodge south bigger bedroom and king size bed. Although both were perfect! I would highly recommend moorings to anyone coming down to the keys!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We are thrilled you enjoyed Lodge South and Lodge North at The Moorings! As you mentioned, the lodges are a nice option for 2 couples to have privacy but be in close proximity to one another. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this very special place for my 40th birthday getaway...I'm so glad we did! We had booked a regular room but upon arrival we were upgraded to a one bedroom cottage on the beach (Maroni) due to a last minute cancellation. Natasha knew it was my 40th and wanted it to be special. She even left a bottle of wine, flower and note in the fridge for me! She also helped my boyfriend with all his surprises for me, and there were a few. The joke was if he had requested a purple tiger in the house at midnight, Natasha would get it there! The house, view, massage on the beach, paddleboards, hammocks, service and serenity were all amazing. I'm not a fan of big resorts with huge crowds. The Moorings is exactly the opposite and that's what I loved about it. Beautiful, quiet property. Can't wait to return...hopefully before my 50th!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mimiv73
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

You are so kind! We really appreciate your review on TripAdvisor. Everyone at The Moorings aims to provide first-class service to all of our guests. We are so glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend and enjoyed the beauty and relaxation found at The Moorings. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Moorings Village and Spa is amazing! My girlfriend viewed the Moorings on the travel channel a few years ago and always wanted to go....So we figured what better time then her birthday. This was one of the most romantic and relaxing vacations ever. We stayed at the Meroni cottage and it was more then we could have dreamed. The staff is amazing......Natasha was instrumental in making my girlfriends birthday a huge success. I had a lot of request and she handled them like a real pro. I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for the review! We enjoyed having you and your girlfriend here at The Moorings for her birthday celebration. It was my pleasure assisting you in making her day special! I am so glad you both had a romantic and relaxing time together. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon cottage 8/29 to 9/3. Cottage had ocean view and close to pier and little covered sting area I used to get out of the sun. We used kayaks, pad leeboards and bikes. It was if we had the entire place to ourselves. Coffee machine and nespresso machine. No on site food or drinks, which I think is a good thing. Even my wife who likes more a action took advantage of the spa and yoga. We did stay in Farside our last night because of a mistake I made on our flights. The staff made it easy to move out and into new cottage. All in all I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Islamorada.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrisbE5799RO

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time here! Your positive remarks are really appreciated. We enjoyed meeting you and your wife and look forward to seeing you again here very soon. Thanks again for the nice review!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Moorings Village is like your very own beach front residence. No busy commercial resort type attraction/distractions. Just sand, and shady palm tress on the beach. And the best part is because it has relatively few accommodations, you rarely see anyone else there. I spent an entire weekend there and saw exactly 5 people on the beach; and 3 of those were from a distance. I also visited the spa for a massage which was fantastic. I stayed in one of the small cottages and it was perfect. The Moorings is a short walk away from plenty of excellent food options so you don't even have to drive anywhere during your stay. I absolutely LOVE this place. I only wish it were more affordable. It's priced for the wealthy which has it's pros for maintaining the charm and keeping it small, but it means I can only visit on special occasions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobR66
Natasha E, Guest Relations Manager at The Moorings Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled you enjoyed your weekend at The Moorings! We were fully booked this weekend, and you're right, it is nice to still feel like you have the beach to yourself! Come see us again soon!