The Moorings Village
Amara Cay Resort(Islamorada)
$309
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
$379
  • Restaurant
$319
$264
Priceline
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$212
La Jolla Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$219
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe parkerthe cottagespalm treesbig ebeach cafemango cottagemorada bayprivate beachfull kitchenour honeymoonpaddle boardsbedroom cottagelarge poolspa servicesdinner reservationsnurse sharksfull moon
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After a busy week in Costa Rica, we wanted a relaxing week in the Florida Keys to unwind. The Moorings was perfect for that. Our two-storey, two bedroom house had everything we could want, it was a 30-second walk to the pool and not much further to the hammocks on the beach. With a fitness room, bicycles available for free, a DVD library and privacy, it was a great way to relax. The properties were spread out over the resort and you never needed to meet anyone except at the pool. Service was great and you only had to ask for any activity to be arranged for you - we went deep sea fishing and he kids swam with dolphins - all organised by The Moorings. Excellent!

Room Tip: Each building is set apat on its own and not ovelooked by any other, so just decide how much space you want. For us, the choice was a 2 bedroom cottage on the beach or a larger 2 bedroom house with fully equipped kitchen, lounge, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank mikkelbates
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Sifca house and loved it. The cottage was so beautifully appointed and the people couldn't have been nicer. This is very well kept secret in Islamorada...Will definitely go again. Pierres restaurant for dinner and the Morada Beach cafe for lunch or sunset happy hour were equally as impressive. We had the best dinner at Pierre's with excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mggfrn
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a vacation at the Moorings. This resort has exceeded all of our expectations. Truly a paradise here on earth!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Julie S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Wow. The one word that kept coming to me as I walked the grounds at The Moorings was "stunning". I would add breathtaking. I kept having to remind myself that I was in Florida. The beach was more beautiful than anything I have seen in the islands or anywhere else in the States and I love beaches. We stayed in the Lodges-South and were very surprised at how nice it was. I think it has been updated from the pictures on their website as the paneling has all been painted white and the rooms are very bright. I didn't realize it was two rooms, one with the full kitchen and sofa area and then a large separate bedroom. The bathroom was very nicely done with lovely tile. The landscaping on the property is beyond description, I have attached pictures that still don't do it justice. We saw very few other people while there. It is a very private, secluded, peaceful experience. We did take out the kayaks one day. The restaurant (across the street) is a separate review, but it was our favorite. Believe everything good you read about The Moorings, it is all true.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank aMominCary
Reviewed May 19, 2012

WOW is the first word that comes to mind when I describe this place. It's romantic, super quiet and secluded. All of the homes are private, charming and very well kept. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. Most of the guests are 'regulars' and visit often. It really is a hidden gem - which is why we love it. We were married across the street at Pierre's and I booked The Orchid House - which I want to move into and stay forever - for 2 nights. We had friends staying in The Treehouse - which is another beautiful cottage. There is no restaurant or room service - but you have a fully equipted kitchen - should you need it. We loved sitting on the porch, in our robes, sipping coffee in the morning. This is the place where you go to write a book, rekindle a flame, fall in love, etc. I didn't use the spa but, I've spoken with them a few times and have had friends use the facilities and they raved about it. They were able to find me a hairdresser for my wedding, last minute too! I could keep writing but, you will see from all the reviews that this place is very, very special. I can't wait to go back..thankfully its just a drive away to this paradise.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple