Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have never in my life encountered such a horrible restaurant until my recent trip down to the Florida Keys. As soon as my colleagues and I entered the restaurant, the host had already initiated a bad impression with the dullness of his greeting. Then came time for the seating. Not only was the table disgustingly dirty, it seemed almost as if they completely ignored cleaning the table and just set up the tableware right on top of it. Words cannot explain how inappropriate it was to travel all the way down to the beautiful Florida Keys with such high expectations of enjoying our time in Islamorada, and become overwhelmed with such terrible service. The server was monotonous, hardly making any eye contact with us, and that resulted in a negative atmosphere.
After all that said, we still gave them the benefit of the doubt and hoped that the food was at least decent. We were wrong! The soup was cold by the time it was served, and there was nothing impressive about the BBQ ribs. There wasn’t anything unique about it. Good thing I only purchased the half order. Overall, it was such a big disappointment to everyone. I would have to also comment about their tuna tartar. I don’t know what they were thinking, but that was the worst imitation of Asian cuisine I have ever witnessed. There was nothing Asian about their vinaigrette, in fact it was strangely robust at the moment. It was quite the “Sensory Stimulator” alright.
To not be mistaken, the place had great décor and color schemes, but the food/service did not complement each other. The name of the restaurant suits them perfectly. It was certainly a Turtle experience. Management needs to be reconsidered.

2  Thank jprojackson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I just returned from 8 nights in Islamorada....we ate dinner at the Green Turtle Inn twice and breakfast once. The food was fabulous! The first time we went, we had breakfast which was great....so we went back that evening for dinner. The dinner was even better than the breakfast (mussels were sooooo good!), so we went back two nights later. My husband ordered the Lobster Lasagna and said it was one of the best meals he has ever eaten! Absolutely delicious!!! The staff was very friendly as well! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Trishak met us at the door as a big breath of fresh air! Her smile and attitude exemplified the best of the best and was only out done by the food. The Maine Lobster Lasagna was not to die for but to kill for! All the unexpected touches were included without fanfare! We live in Key West and have never stopped because of timing. That will never happen again. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

We were told we had to finish before 8:30 as they had the table reserved for someone else. The only thing good was the water (infused with strawberries, apples and oranges). The prime rib was tough and the vegetables were soggy. Do not go there even though it is a tourist stop. There are much better restaurants in the area.

1  Thank AUSSIEGIRL92563
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have been past this place many, many times over the years. Not until a friend told me that it was open for breakfast did i decide to slow down, and stop in. WOW! What a great breakfast!