“Terrible”
Review of Green Turtle Inn

Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Absolutely awful...hogfish is hard to ruin but I don't know what it was..I couldn't eat it and nobody else could either..three of us for dinner..my dinner was by far the worst but the duck and the lamb was no bargain either..the fish looked plastic and tasted worse

5  Thank Robin G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had breakfast at The Green Turtle Inn and were impressed with the variety of choices on the menu and the overall excellence of the food and the service. My husband had the Lobster Benedict and he is still raving about it. I had a side of greens with my meal and was very pleased with them. We were seated in a sun porch area that made the experience all the better. The attached liquor and gourmet shop and the clothing store are also worth visiting.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Food is very good and service excellent. The ambience is great but a bit noisy. The bartenders are very good.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place came highly recommended by our resort. We booked a table for 7pm, we arrived 15 mins early to be greeted by the most miserable hostess I have ever met. We were told that our table was not available as we were too early, although from the door way I could se at least 3 tables for 2 that were set up and vacant, so we were seated at the bar. There seemed to be a lot of local people in and they seemed quite loud and a bit worse for wear. The food was expensive and the wine was over priced and we did not particularly enjoy the over loud banter and laughter from the bar area which was just a few feet away from our table which only abated when those responsible were eating !
For the money it cost I would have expected much more. So all in all quite disappointing.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Green Turtle Inn is classic casual, upscale. We encourage clients to dress in nice slacks and shirts for dinner. We like the dark tables, chairs, and back porch dining area. The Green Turtle Inn features a neat dark bar with full spirits, and beer and wine.

The Green Turtle Inn is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So where are the turtle steaks? Actually, the last turtle steaks were served in the 1950’s, and the turtle chowder is made from farm raised turtles. Do request the pepper sherry to add to the turtle chowder.

We order the tuna, and a Chardonnay.

Excellent service, dinner, management, and ambience. In fact, the ambience provides romance, and The Green Turtle Inn may be great for a special occasion. The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

1  Thank SavantIII_11