“Nice ambiance and good food”
Review of Green Turtle Inn

Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Make sure to reserve if you are dining here during the tourist season. The central location is historic so take time to look at the photographs and get information on its history as a focal point during the 1935 hurricane. The food was quite good...we had one lunch and one dinner there. The wait staff was a bit unfocused but they were friendly. Very nice bar area. Good value.

TurtleTracker, Public Relations Manager at Green Turtle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Ronnie,

Thank you for your review of the Green Turtle Inn. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate you dining with us for both lunch and dinner. Thank you for pointing out our deep rooted history and the photographs we love so much.

There are newer reviews for Green Turtle Inn

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was expecting a bit of a 'tourist trap' environment.... but the food was definitely far above that.
Key Lime pie was great! A bit pricey but not crazy.

Now one thing did bother me, and it has to do with the liquor store attached.

Went in before dinner and needed some candles and a wine opener. Asked the clerk about both, looked at them and said we'd be back to pick them up after dinner.

We go back in AFTER dinner and suddenly the $3.95 wine openers on the counter had vanished and been replaced by $5.95 ones. Hmmmmm.....I wonder why.

It was just a really tacky move to try and get another $2 out of a tourist. Lame. Lame, Lame.

It backfired on them though, as I was going to buy a $30 bottle of wine, and I decided instead to pass them up and buy one down the street once I this happened.

Tacky move, and while I would go back for dinner, I would never use the store to buy anything. Enjoy the extra $2 you made on your crappy wine opener. I'm sure that it will make or break you... I guarantee that this review will likely cost you more than that.

TurtleTracker, Public Relations Manager at Green Turtle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Matt H,

Thank you for your review of the Green Turtle Inn. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you will be back.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like our Wine & Spirits Shop. I spoke with the management in the store and they remembered you being there. The wine openers on the counter were sold leaving only the more expensive on the counter. There were more $3.95 openers available hanging in the center display near the cheese boards, directly in front of the counter. The associate working would have been happy to show you where they were. I wish that we could have prevented this miscommunication and avoided this review. I apologize if you felt like we were trying to take advantage of you, I assure you that it was unintentional.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband had been here decades ago, and we were happy to see that new owners are there. We booked a table for 4 for dinner, and I must say that in our week in the Keys, this was one of the best dinners! Great fresh fish. We walked down from the Cheeca Lodge - convenient.
They also have a nice wine shop. Sophisticated.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Expensive menu in a boring setting. Why bother? Loads better places for much less. The neon sign is nice . . .

3  Thank blweis
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you're lucky, for dinner, you'll get waiter James! Everything was exceptionally good, with the small exception of high noise levels.

1  Thank Bill F