“Best breakfast of our vacation!”
Review of Green Turtle Inn

Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We picked this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor- which has never steered us wrong! We were staying just down the street at the Cheeca Resort, and wanted to try something other than the hotel food. This place was bustling and busy - but not too loud or crowded. The food was out of this world! The pecan, chocolate and caramel (turtle) pancakes were like a dessert. The Chala French toast with coconut flavor was excellent. I had the turtle omelet which was filled with huge chunks of artichoke hearts, spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese -yum! My husband had the chicken and waffles and he ate every bite. The prices were good - not too expensive. We would definitely eat here again!

TurtleTracker, Public Relations Manager at Green Turtle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Jaxannsmiths,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Green Turtle Inn. Another big thank you for trying us out based on our reviews here on Trip Advisor. Your description of your meal sounds amazing!

PS- We LOVE Cheeca Lodge

There are newer reviews for Green Turtle Inn

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Dinner for 8 last night in the Keys. We made reservations for 6:30 and arrived a bit early but no problem the table was ready and waiting. Drunken Scallops was the main course for 4 in the party and the comment was it was Filet Mignon of the Sea and wait before you take the plate, there might be a little bit of Lobster Mashed Potatoes on it, be careful you might want to lick the plate clean.. Screaming Tuna for another he stated it was the best meal ever. Ribeye for another and the steak was cooked to perfection. Good thing the dog was back home in Colorado because there was no doggie bag tonight. One Country Fried Pork Flat Iron for another, perfection on a plate and lastly the Short Ribbed Sheppard's ie. The night was finished with Key Lime pie and Crème Brulee. We chose this restaurant because the menu had a wide range of choices and with a group of 8 we wanted to make sure there was something for everyone.

Our waitress was on top of it at every turn. Never let a glass of wine empty and made sure we enjoyed the meal. They never rushed us throughout the meal.

I took some of the Country Fried Pork home and it was great the second day.

The place is small so would recommend a reservation they are open for breakfast and for lunch. We made the reservation that morning,

Good Selection of wine and beer.

Redskin80,

WOW, thank you so much for your fantastic review of the Green Turtle Inn. To hear things like "the best meal ever" is quite flattering and we appreciate it. Thank you for choosing us for your dinner party. I'm thrilled to hear that your service was top notch as well. We would love to have you back if you are ever back in Islamorada.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with the other Trip Advisor's!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stared out with a delicious breakfast. I had an omelette which was cooked perfectly which is hard to come by. The latte was amazing. The smoked bacon was out of this world. My husband had French toast which was also prepared beautifully.
We came back for dinner. We started off with the lobster mac n cheese. Wow. The Maine lobster was so sweet. The cheese sauce didn't over power the lobster at all.
Then I had chicken confit. Why would I have chicken over fresh caught fish, you ask? I live 3 hours north and can get fresh fish any time but not many places make confit. It was the best chicken I have ever had. It melts in your mouth. The mashed potatoes and veggies were perfectly seasoned.
The service was spot on both times.
Will be back next visit!

MoPont,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of the Green Turtle Inn. Another big thank you for joining us for two meals in one day. Sounds like you tried some of the menu favorites. It's great to hear that your service was "spot on" for both meals. We understand how important good service is to an enjoyable dining experience. We can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went once for lunch & twice for dinner. Great food and friendly people! Loved the chicken salad, lobster Mac n cheese & beignets!

DebbyR,

Wow, thank you so much for such an amazing review of the Green Turtle Inn. It's incredible to hear that you joined us three times during your stay in Islamorada! Lobster Mac N Cheese is a personal favorite of mine. So rich and creamy! Can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our waitress was not the best, it took 20 minutes to get our wine at the table after we ordered and that was after we approached the bar tender. Then she arrived with only 1 glass when we had ordered a bottle. Our appetizers arrived after 30 minutes. Pretentious menu and there was no delivery of what was described, for 2 of our entreés. I ordered black grouper, blackened, with what sounded like a beautiful sauce. Restaurants in the Keys MUST be able to prepare fish! My grouper was over-done, dry and the sauce was a gelatinous mess. My daughter ordered a herb rubbed chicken and it was presented with a sauce containing mustard. The other 4 entreés were cold.This restaurant should maybe not try to be sophisticated and stick with basic, well-prepared food. My son had a birthday and absolutely nothing was presented at the end of the meal even after my brother informed them that we would like something special. As a girl, I went to the original Turtle Inn which was converted into this gourmet wanna be eatery. The original Turtle Inn was a shack, or rather dumpy, but I remember the food was GOOD! As she delivered our check the waitress is cheeky enough to cheerfully announce that gratuity is not included in the bill! This type of comment really cheapens a place. All in all: Disappointing

Elena K,

Thank you for your review of the Green Turtle Inn. I am terribly sorry to hear that you found your experience disappointing. My deepest apologies for any poor service that you may have received. I would love to have the opportunity to make this right. Please email me and we can try to draw a resolution together. My email is oceann@greenturtleinn.com.

Again, my apologies for disappointing you.