“Very Tasty Breakfast”
Review of Green Turtle Inn

Green Turtle Inn
Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We arrived around 9:30AM on Sunday. There were still about 5 tables open but they quickly filled as time passed. Breakfast was really tasty! Our table ordered the Shrimp and Grits, Keys Benedict, Ham and Cheese Panini and Biscuits and Gravy. All 4 were delicious. I tried all but the Biscuits and Gravy and they were all tied for being the best. The person who ordered the Biscuits and Gravy left absolutely nothing on their plate, if that tells you anything! The Keys Benedict were cooked just right and the manchego cheese on the Panini really worked well with the ham! We left with full stomachs and cute coffee mugs!

3  Thank DillyDally84
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Friendly waiters, old Florida atmosphere, generous portions, nice options for vegetarians and non-fish eaters. I would go back!

1  Thank Nancyfrompa
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stopped in finally after driving by hundreds of times. The decor is very nice. Service was very good. Turtle soup was very good, but crab cakes had little crab and much filler. Prices are high. I was Underwhelmed. Will not return.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I were in Islamorada for a week staying at the nearby Cheeca Resort. We would sleep in and make it over to the Green Turtle for breakfast just before they would stop serving breakfast at 11:30 am.

I have to say that the food was great. I have noticed some of the criticisms on here about service and I do have to agree that it was slow, but not terrible. However, I was on vacation and the food made up for it. I had the Turtle breakfast one morning: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, and a side of grits (best grits I've had since I was a kid). My wife had an omelette each morning ... she loved it. The coffee seemed really great there as well.

The bill pleased us the most. At our resort down the street, the breakfast buffet was $25 a person! At the Green Turtle Inn, breakfast for both of us was $21.

The decor inside the Green Turtle is really cool too.

Go here for vacation breakfast ... you won't regret it.

2  Thank Jonh63
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife, kids and I have now been to the Green Turtle Inn located in Islamorada in the Florida Keys 3 times recently, and at least twice in previous stays in the Keys. We have now had the pleasure of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at this restaurant, and each and every time are treated to wonderful food and 5 star service. Especially enjoyable is the atmosphere of the restaurant, which has dozens of old and new photos of famous people that either dined at the restaurant, or caught record fish in the area. Beautiful decor, sort of an "old school" feel as I understand the restaurant has been there for decades, but very clean and impeccably kept. It is definitely on our "list" in our coming visits back to the Keys.

2  Thank mberry1495