“You can't go wrong at Ziggy's”
Review of Ziggie & Mad Dog's

Ziggie & Mad Dog's
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food at Ziggy and mad dog's is really very good. The interior atmosphere is pleasantly upscale but not exceedingly so fancy that you feel uncomfortable. Don't judge the place by the outside facade which is understated for the caliber of the food and service inside. Everyone in our party was delighted with their food and service.

The service was excellent. Our waitress was a very knowledgeable, professional, attractive and attentive without being overbearing, her timing was perfect. The best dining service we had on our entire stay on the keys. (I think her name was Jennifer)

Prices are on the expensive side. But for vacation dining or a special meal I kind of expected that. This is not a family value place but for a great meal with friends or family I am confident you will be satisfied.
Plenty of parking, easy to find. If you are in Islamorada or just passing by it is a must-do to dine here.Put it on your list, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went here for my birthday March 29th. I have been dining here for ten years now.
The service on the 29th was so incredible and the food was fantastic, that we all went back the next night and duplicatesd our order.!
You must try the breaded aligator bites with the roumalade dipping sauce~Amazing~. the porterhouse was better than Ruth's Chris. Honestly.

The martinis were made perfectly, shaken ice cold and served lightly dirty like a snow blizzard. The way their supposed to be served. Which sems like a problem everywhere elase.

Dine here! I S"teak" my reputation on it!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

went here twice for dinner bit expensive but you get what you pay for, large portions- but make sure you get the sides to share the pork chop was our favourite. highly recommended

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went just to mix things up from the seafood+view places we were frequenting during our vacation. What a nice–albeit expensive–surprise! My husband had the burger, which was outstanding. I had the pasta with shrimp, scallops, and mussels, which was delicious–but at $36 seemed pretty steep. And we live in NYC, so it's tough to give us sticker shock. Didn't try the steak, but it looked great.The service was perfunctory; definitely could have been a bit more gracious.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

we visited Ziggy's & Mad Dog's as our last hurrah of our honeymoon and were not disappointed. My husbands 16 oz steak would melt in our mouths. I had the beef stroganoff (after 6 days of eatting only seafood) and it was the best I had ever had in my life. Service was excellent - fine dining at its best. Atmosphere was lovely. Decor was classy. Highly recommended.