“very average,”
Review of Spanish Gardens - CLOSED

Spanish Gardens
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We use Imported ingredients and the freshest seafood and produce..Along with Grass Fed Beef....We put a lot of care and love in our authentic dishes and we enjoy our guests...Spanish wines, Homemade Sangria and a Full Bar add a nice touch with a romantic artsy backdrop. So come in and enjoy our Tapas!
Reviewed September 18, 2012

the $32 hog fish, was not that fresh like the menu says, I cook a lot of very fresh seafood myself, i know what i'm talking about, it was also a little greasy and the green beans were overcooked.

2  Thank pablofre
LynnyThompson, Owner at Spanish Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

thank you for your review! So sorry for your disappointment in our fresh snapper we use yellowtail now and it does come in fresh so please come in again and check it out. i believe you will be pleased ..thank you again..

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spend weekends in Key Largo and decided to go down to Islamorada for dinner for a change. On a whim we went to Spanish Gardens Cafe and are so glad we did. Do not be put-off by its shopping center location, the patio is charming with a pretty fountain and the decor inside is authentic Spanish! We were starving after a long day of diving and were warmly greeted and seated by the owners wife. She took care of us throughout our dinner and it was like we were dining at a friends home, warm, friendly and well-taken care of! Immediately she brought out a zippy garlic,herb infused oil and bread - delicious!
We started with the Goat Cheese and White Bean Salad. Oh, this was soooo good! Large white beans, roasted pepper strips on a bed of lovely lettuce dressed with a fine homemade vinaigrette and topped with crumbles of goat cheese. We devoured it! For our dinner we had the Zarzuela, delicious seafood (fresh Hog Snapper, clams, shrimp, mussels and lobster tail) in a tasty saffron, tomato broth! I highly recommend this dish, next time we'll try the Paella.
The ambiance and decor made me feel like I was transported to sunny Spain, deep orange walls, beautiful paintings of various Keys scenery, weighty tooled-leather chairs and dark, rustic wood tables. DO NOT MISS THIS RESTAURANT! ITS SO SPECIAL!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

A small restaurant in a small strip center in the small town of Islamorada serving some of the most Authentic and best food in town. I've never been disappointed here and have eaten here over the last few years many times. Every tapas that I've tried has been extremely good. The paella is perfection. Give this restaurant a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank luvadish
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We live in Marathon Florida for part of the year and for awhile now we have been hearing about Spanish Gardens in Islamorada, Florida. I stopped in the other day on our way up to Chef Michaels (another favorite) and picked up a menu. I was greeted by Jose (Chef/owner) and his daughter Lynnie - They were so nice and welcoming that I was tempted to cancel our other reservation. 1 week later we grabbed a friend and went to Spanish Garden for dinner - WOW is all I can say. Jose's lovely wife was there and we asked her to surprise us with our "Tapa's" - We started out with an excellent Serrano Ham, Cheese platter - normally I am not big on these but my husband wanted to order - EXCELLENT!!!! The bread and dip are to die for, each Tapa that came out was better then the one before. We ate and ate until we could eat no more. We left there very happy, very full and pledging that this was our new favorite restaurant. Everything is amazing here, everyone is very nice and it is a very nice atmosphere. In the front of the restaurant they sell AUTHENTIC food items from spain. I left with a bag full of spanish olive oil, spanish sea salt and some olives. THIS RESTAURANT IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is one time I'm so happy I did not judge a book by its cover! Located in a small ordinary strip plaza but far from ordinary, I was so glad to stumble upon spanish gardens! We had a lovely delicious meal that was truly a dining experience. The fish was so fresh and seasoned to perfection! Also the homemade sangria was to die for with lots of fresh fruit! Yum! Our hosts Lynn, Teddy and chef Jose were so hospitable and made us feel at home! I highly recommend a stop at this Little gem!