“Best Coffee in Key West”
Review of Cuban Coffee Queen

Cuban Coffee Queen
Ranked #17 of 50 Quick Bites in Key West
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Every time my husband and I are in Key West we make a special stop here first to grab two Cuban American coffees with an extra shot of coffee. The coffee is served hot and it is delicious. You can't go wrong with their coffee - it is the best on the island.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

Our first breakfast on the island came to a whopping $47, so we were very happy when we discovered this little cafe. We had been wanting to go to try the coffee and didn’t realize they also sold food.

The food was just really good, solid breakfast. I had the Key Westerner sandwich with egg, ham, some butter on Cuban bread, pressed kinda like a panini. Boy the bread was so fresh and good, the flavors melted perfectly with their dark roast coffee, I got a small drink that had 2 shots of espresso with some milk, forgot the name. Hubby ate the whole sandwich where I only ate half. Each sandwich came with a bag of plantain chips and a sucker. We ate those later as a snack and the chips were awesome!

The next times we went, we had the half sandwich and cafe con leche special. Perfect too! Only came with s sucker that time, but for $5.0 what a deal!

We Bought 2 bags of coffee and can’t wait to grind and brew some. We just got home from the honeymoon and have to settle down a minute before we get to that point, but my mouth is watering thinking about it!

Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and smoothies. My kids enjoyed the smoothies. My wife had a salad that she was pretty happy with. I had a sandwich with charizo that was very good. A little warm at the outside tables, but bearable.

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

We found this when searching google maps on our trip. It got good reviews and we gave it a try. Great coffee and food! Very kind and helpful staff. Chickens wandering around sat with us on our picnic table bench. :) Both of our breakfasts came with a sucker, which was a fun little extra. We ended up visiting again another time during our trip and buying a bunch of coffee to bring home. Thank goodness they have a website to order more, we are hooked! The coffee roastery next door smelled so good and the staff was amazing at helping us pick out coffee and giving us tips on other merchandise.

We thought we should give a different coffee shop a try on a different day to compare and we were very disappointed. There was no comparison and we received rude service. Cuban Coffee Queen is hands down our favorite coffee shop in Key West and we can’t wait to go back!!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a local. The coffee was average in my opinion and the person taking our order needs to be a little more helpful when customers are ordering off the menu. I asked for a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on Cuban bread and her response was all our items come with Cuban bread. I guess I didn’t order my sandwich by name.
One and Done.