“Don't waste time”

Tortuga IV Party Boat
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The woman in charge of booking/scheduling is nothing near the term customer service, more like a warning. Stay Away! We did not go on this venture as high winds prevented them from going out. But is was such a PITA! We book then they don't go out due to weather, we book again, they don't go due to not having enough people. Through this experience we are having to deal with this woman who makes it very clear she doesn't have time for you. FYI on time below I hit less than 1 hour as we did not go out. Their charter usually goes out for 5 hours. It is unfortunate that I am giving a bad review when it is most likely just this one woman....but she is the face of the company, based upon her face....bad company.

1  Thank doolers
in 26 reviews
"crew"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We decided to take this fishing boat since it was the first time for my fiance to go deep sea fishing and I wasn't sure if she would like it. I didn't want to spend $700 for a private charter and find out that she hates it. Well, she loved it. The staff was great and very attentive. The captain was moving the boat as soon as the fish stopped biting. We must have gone to at least 7-8 places. We didn't catch anything big but had a great time. The beer is very cheap. The mates work on tips, so I highly recommend tipping them in the beginning of the trip. Don't wait till the trip is over.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can't say enough about this charter. The Captain did everything possible to put us on fish. He even stayed out an extra 1/2 hour. Mates were very helpful, they didn't just help get the fish off your hook, but went the extra step to make sure you always had a line in the water. They were friendly and made the trip enjoyable. Personally, don't know how they took care of all the fishermen and the seasick ones at the same time. We went to Dante's and they cooked to order for $7.99 plus 2 sides.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Outstanding crew......very helpful............fishing was good.......crew cleaned and fileted the fish.... seas up a little the day we went out (10 - 15 mph) and as such a little rough.... The boat is 65 ft in length (not sure about the beam, but wide) .............. reasonably priced........ we chose the 9:00 am to 1:00 pm cruise.................

See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is the best and only head boat to fish on when in Key West. The captain and mates are wonderful, helpful, and funny. These guys really work hard not only to find you fish, but to assist you in any way they can. Being a local, I totally enjoy my fishing experience, and have never come in without fish. This is my go to boat when I have family or company in town that want to go out without spending a small fortune to catch dinner. Judy, the hostess/customer service person is just delightful and has a wonderful sense of humor. All the work is done for you after leaving the Tortuga, and you have filets bagged up to make a marvelous dinner. Please tip the mates generously when leaving the boat. They really earn their keep on the Tortuga and deserve to be recognized for their talents.