“Great staff and lots of fish!”

Tortuga IV Party Boat
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband took our two teen boys and this was the highlight of their week. The staff made it a lot of fun. They were very helpful and organized. Just about everyone caught fish (mostly yellow snapper). It was a blast! If you go, have Dante's cook your catch! They are right next to the dock.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and son went out on this boat last week. I never been so appalled at someones behaviour towards a child. Unfortunately my husband didn't take his wallet with him and therefore did not have a tip for the helpers on the boat. My son who is 13 had $4.00 left from his pocket money and when the helper gave him his fish that he had caught, he gave the helper the money. This helper called us back and gave us back the money and said it was an insult !! Really that is how you speak to a 13 year old child ? Obviously this is not the job for him.

4  Thank JuliaL920
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I went out on the Totuga IV this morining - July 12 from Key West. The deck hands allowed myself and some others to fish free lining for yellowtail from the back of the boat and then rotated others to give everyone a chance. I really enjoyed the trip and met a lot of nice fellow anglers. I would say it was a fairly slow day regarding the number of fish caught.

I am from the UK and tipping is not as big a part of our culture as it is here in the US and I well under tipped the guys when they filleted my fish at the end of the trip and I apologise unreservedly for doing so. I hope the extra five dollars helped correct the error to some degree.

I would certainly recommend the Tortuga to those wishing to try the party boat route while in Key West.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really wanted to get a private charter, however budget was an issue so I went with the Tortuga IV party charter boat. It was a lot of fun, caught a ton of fish, wasnt too crowded which was really nice. Crew was fast to take the fish off. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I read some negative reviews about this boat and its crew. Me and my nephew went fishing today on this boat. And although we only caught some small yellowtail snappers and groupers, we hada great time. The crew was very helpful and professional. Some people just expect too much. Complaining about a dirty head on a party boat is ridiculous. It wasn't up to par with a restroom in a fine hotel, but ome on, it's a fishing boat.

Today is Tuesday and we going again on ths boat on Thursday.

1  Thank Matt M