“Down Hill”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Down Hill”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Rusty Anchor used to be good. It's really gone down hill. You probably won't see many vehichles in the parking lot. I love their reef aquarium but not the food or service.

• Visited August 2012

Arkansas
“Must eat here!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ate here twice on our recent visit to Key West. Food and service was excellent. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Visited January 2013
Dania Beach, Florida
“A Well Kept Secret! Amazing!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I’m not going to lie; I almost decided not to write a review. I don’t want the place to get too crowded next time I go! My wife and I were down in Key West for New Year’s Eve. I decided to try looking off the beaten path for a place to eat on that night figuring everywhere we went would be jammed. I found the Rusty Anchor to be located off the main road, and on Stock Island which is basically an island connected to the East end of Key West as you’re driving into the town.
No crowds, and pretty quiet. I was so happy with my choice and my wife was happy we wouldn’t have to wait for a table. We were seated and ordered some Iced Tea, saving our drinking for the festivities later.
I had the Stone Crab claws and they were some of the best I ever had, AND the cheapest price I have ever pair. With so many restaurants overcharging for this delicacy it was a welcome surprise when I saw the bill. My wife had the blackened mahi-mahi dinner and loved it. I tried it as well and it was terrific!
The service way excellent and as I mentioned, the prices were extremely fair considering the area and tourism.
One thing to mention, you may want to ask for directions if you’re not familiar with the area or don’t have a GPS. I live in South Florida, have lived in the keys, and travel to Key West about 6 times a year and I still used the GPS to get there. It’s not hard to find, just off the beaten path. As much as I want to keep this place to myself, that’s not fair to them and I must admit I highly recommend it and plan to return there very often!

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay away”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went for dinner a couple of nights ago. I ordered fried shrimp which looked and tasted like the butterflied (but looked like it had been flattened with an anvil) pre-breaded frozen shrimp. The breading was way too thick and you could barely taste the shrimp.

I've had fresher and better fried shrimp in rural west Georgia.

I'll never go back.

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Conch fritters and Lobster were the best! Seemed like a local hangout which tells you a lot. Great fresh seafood and atmosphere. Prices were a bit high but worth it.

Visited January 2013