“Perfect post sunset place to get drinks & listen to live music”
Review of Lazy Gecko - CLOSED

Lazy Gecko
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Located on legendary Duval Street, next door to Sloppy Joe’s, this air conditioned tropical island bar offers mouth watering frozen daiquiris, fully loaded deli-style sandwiches and delicious fresh pizza. The Lazy Gecko has live music daily with great local talents such as Tim Hollohan, Tony Baltimore, Nick Norman, Caffeine Carl,and Karri Daley. We also have many musicians that travel from all over the country. We are the Southernmost Red Sox and Patriots bar in the United States, but you can catch all of your favorite teams on one of our 16 jumbo flats screen TVs.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Gecko is small but has great live music. I think the guy that we like is named Steve? He's very entertaining and we found it much more enjoyable than the bar next door (Irish Kevins). He was playing all kinds of requests for us all. This is not a fancy restaurant but it does have good bar type food and a great atmosphere. The staff is very fast and friendly. They custom made my wife a "skinny margarita" which was great. We love watching the sunset at Sunset Pier and then coming down to the Gecko for some more drinks and fantastic live music. Stop in and check it out!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

As a MA and RI native, my husband and I were happy to find this bar to watch both Red Sox and Patriots game while we were in Key West. It was a fun atmosphere with a lot of NE-locals, transplants, or visitors. The service was good and the drinks were well-priced.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The front bar is pretty loud with a band when we went on a SAT. Back bar seemed to be the place to be. Lively crowd of mostly locals. Fun staff....but beware it's a Boston bar so the Red Socks/Pats will be on TV at times.

Came back a second time with my friends. I got a bud and ordered them some Abitas. Theirs were taking forever which seemed odd given the service I had last time. Turns out that she thought I said Mojitos rather than Abitas (must be my midatlantic accent). It's a beer bar so I imagine they were not happy about some tourist ordering Mojitos. Anyway, after the confusion and a few laughs, my friends offered to choke them down since they had gone through such a hassle to make them...I did feel bad for the bartender though. My advice is to enunciate when ordering.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice place with a good vibe,people watching the game,my husband and son ordered sandwiches,they were good and big.I ordered a personal house vegetarian pizza that had an alfredo ,instead of tomato sauce,it was excellent,I can not say the same about their drinks,I ordered a mudslide and the one they brought tasted like frosty ice with chocolate syrup.
Next time we go to Key West we'll probably try a new place.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Every trip to KW (and we make a lot of them) begins with a stop off at The Lazy Gecko. It's located on upper Duval, not far from Mallory Square, and pretty much in the middle of all the action.

We were sad this time because our favorite bartender Peter has moved on to Blue Heaven, but we quickly got over it when we met Lizzie. She is very friendly and goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. Example - my favorite vodka is 4 Orange Premium Vodka (it's distilled with oranges - 20 in every bottle, instead of grain or potato's and it's made in Florida), it's pretty easy to find in KW, not so much in other cities. Anyway, after pouring my first drink, Lizzie told us she was out. I was rather sad but moved on to something else. Within an hour, another bottle of 4 Orange walked it the door - now that's customer service.

Food is typical bar food but it's pretty good. If you want to try something different, have the tator tot nacho's, yep tator tots. They are great. Music started around 5pm. Don't remember his name, one of the local performers, but he was great.

Stopped in several times during our trip and will be back on our next trip to my favorite town!