“Don't deal with owner!!!!”
Review of Benihana Key West

Benihana Key West
Reserve with OpenTable
Benihana Key West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Benihana in Key West, Fl has been a staple in Key West for over 27 years! Benihana Key West features the ONLY Oceanfront Sushi Bar in Key West and is completely redesigned for a premier dining experience where every table overlooks the sparkling Atlantic! Be dazzled as our talented chefs prepare the freshest steaks, shrimp, chicken, seafood and traditional meals expertly prepared and cooked to perfection on a steel hibachi grill - by a chef who is as much entertainer as culinary master, right before your eyes. Beverage bar with cafe seating and LCD TV's to catch your favorite sports scores. Private Kimono Room for parties of 15-20 people, we can accommodate parties from 10 to 110 people. Kids Menu also available. Bring a friend, a date, your children, your whole family - anyone who enjoys a delicious, freshly cooked meal with a little fun thrown in. Call Benihana today for the best Steak, Seafood & Sushi!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were told by the host that we could only sit in the sushi section.I asked to speak to the manager. The host was an [--] to me! The mgr approached and recognized me from our many visits. When I started talking to him the host interrupted and I told him that is was not talking to him, I was talking to the manager. The host answered, "well I'm the owner and you can't have a table!" I told him he was rude and I would never be back as long as he owned this place. He should leave customer service up to his manager since he has no idea how to treat people. He is an [--]! And we will NEVER PATRONIZE HIS ESTABLISHMENT AGAIN, and I will make sure to tell all my friends and family to stay away!

1  Thank MARK K
MARK H, Owner at Benihana Key West, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your visit to my restaurant on Valentine's Day. I realize that your party preferred a table on the teppan side but all we had available when you called, on such short notice was in the sushi dining room as quoted. I invite you back if you care to join us again in the future but request that you make a reservation so we can ensure your complete satisfaction - especailly on a busy holiday.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Service was great,food was cooked and served exactly as ordered. Chef and his support staff did a great job. Great eating experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our waiter was very unfriendly and failed to mention everything including rice is an extra up charge. Ice teas were as week as water and pricey. We got little food for the money and felt cheated. The food was good and flavorful and Osman our chef was amazing. He was very entertaining and skilled and was the only thing that kept us from walking out.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant never ceases to amaze me. As a Local Native of Key West I know good seafood and great service. From the moment you are greeted the the moment you leave this is an experience that should not be missed! Great host, manager chef, staff period! Mary Hyatt my hat dd to you and he amazing job you continue to do year after year! This is one chain that is locally owned and run ... everyone that enters is treated as a VIP !!!! I know that Rocky is smiling down to know that his great Legacy continues for excellence! Cannot wait to go to your establishment again! Folks when visiting Key West your MUST experience this restaurant!

1  Thank Vidal-01
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were seated at our table, served our salad and then waited an hour and a half until the chef arrived at our table. Ridiculous!