“If you need a place to go to mass, this is a good place.”

Saint Mary Star of the Sea
Ranked #9 of 180 things to do in Key West
Reviewed November 28, 2012

As Catholics, weekly mass is not optional. We were in Key West for a wedding/vacation. The wedding was on Saturday afternoon, so we couldn't make the vigil mass as we do when we're home.

Sunday morning was beautiful. A perfect church morning. One of the priests came into the back of the church snapping his fingers. I was hooked.

As it turned out, he did not deliver the homily, but the priest who did was good. He was a fast talker, but he had a nifty message.

After church, the finger-snapping priest was outside greeting the parishioners. I waited my turn and snapped my fingers at him. He cracked up. Good service.

1  Thank Goman94

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Saint Mary's is the only Catholic Chrch that I know of on the island. The church is an older style church - which is great and has a big pipe organ. They have a 5:00 Saturday vigil and Sunday masses in English and one in Spanish at noon. The Church is located on Truman (US1) just northeast of Duval Street.

1  Thank MarinaJack
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Husb & I attended 2 masses here, 1 year apart, and have each time been welcomed by the regulars. Kids participate in the choir & mass, and its very clean & open-air. Love it here.

1  Thank travelingnoisemakers
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Attended 7:30 am mass, the service had wonderful community feel to this parish. The chuch is lovely with open doors on both sides of the building gives the feeling of a out door service.

1  Thank mangotango1
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Unique church in a unique town. Try to get there when gift shop open, missed it this time. Interesting outside cove to light candle and say a prayer.