“Average and not for anyone needing ADA”
Review of Cowboy Bills - CLOSED

Cowboy Bills
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our very first night in Key West and we had walked around and wanted to get something to eat and this menu looked good. I have bad knees and ride a mobility scooter to get around. The hostess said no problem bring it on in and park it right there. I usually park outside but she said to come in, so the less walking the better. I parked in a corner behind the booth we were in. They have a radio station that broadcast from Cowboy Bills and I guess were she had me park my scooter was blocking his door some. Well the DJ came out cussing and using the F word at me about my scooter being there. No problem I was happy to move it without all the language. I'm no prude and can let it fly with the best of them. But this was uncalled for, a simple move this would have worked. Sad part is the hostess never told him it was her idea for me to put it there and I got no apology form anyone with the restaurant for his actions. I wanted to just leave but my wife was a little upset and embarrassed and just wanted to eat and go.
The food was good and the service was what you would expect. With all the really good food in Key West I would skip this and try the many other places to pick from. Kind of a sad start to our first night in Key West but our trip has been and still is fantastic.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Holy wow...worst bar in key west. Asked for a manager to politely discuss some issues....he never came. Total rip off. I would avoid this place like the plague.

3  Thank jesusjuice1987
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Bartenders here seem to be the worst on the island for some reason. They didn't pay attention to anyone and weren't pleasant when they did.

2  Thank kweaver22
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It is a typical bar. , but the service is awful. I waited for a drink so long I just walked out. As a local , there are too many other bars that you don't wait .

1  Thank lovetraveling066
Reviewed December 25, 2012

If you want good Mexican food; this is the place. Plus it is a Big Secret that Salsa Loco Mexican food is Now served here. It used to be it's own freestanding restaurant, but now is located within Cowboy Bill's. It took me a while to figure this out since we used to eat at Salsa Loco's.
The service was great at the bar and very friendly. The Key West Burrito may seem expensive but it will feed 2 people. We split it and get their wonderful Queso and salsa. You will not leave hungry.
We have gone to all the other Mexican places that are overpriced and not so good. But this one we will continue to go to each time we visit.