“Mixed bag”
Review of Azur Restaurant

Azur Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azur Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 448 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Conveniently located in Old Town Key West, AZUR Restaurant is a unique dining experience featuring Mediterranean specialties. Whether you choose our shaded terrace or the comfort of our newly renovated dining room, please join us for a hearty breakfast featuring a few new twists, an al fresco lunch by the waterfall, or an intimate dinner with offerings including old favorites and new creations. For a completely different dining experience in Old Town, AZUR is a must on your list of innovative-chef restaurants in Key West.
Chicago
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I ate at Azur four times because it was so close to the hotel and I'll admit my experiences were mixed. The first night was terrific -- the food, the server, the ambience. Delightful and delicious. The second night was just as nice. The restaurant was booked solid when I arrived, but I was told to return at 9 p.m. for a table. I did and was seated immediately and thanked for coming back.

Then I tried the restaurant for lunch and did not have a good experience. I was seated at a dirty table; different servers tried to take my order and deliver my food. As inexperienced as the waiter was, I far preferred him to the waitress who, literally, did not speak to me (!) when she delivered my food. She very nearly threw the crabcakes at me in an effort to move through the room. And coming back to deliver my check and then coming back again to pick up my credit card for payment was clearly a pretty big inconvenience. I did not tip.

I returned for a dinner later in the week and my faith was restored in the restaurant. The food was terrific, the service was excellent, people were friendly.

My conclusion: Eat there for dinner, not for lunch.

Indianola, Iowa
“A very nice dinner”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I ate here on our last night in Key West. It was a good choice. We had called and made a reservation for 7:00. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived. It was a cool evening and we sat inside. Terrace seating was available, with propane heaters going.
We had a nice meal - I had the special - grilled tile fish over a base of pink shrimp, farrow, and roasted vegetables. My wife had the seafood risotto - shrimp, scallops, clam, mussels with gnocchi. Both were excellent. We had wine with our meal - they have a great wine selection. We did have a coupon for a complimentary glass of wine with dinner. We finished with coffee and desert. I had the pecan tart with cardamom ice cream and my wife had the panna cotta with rum caramel and candied lemon. They do not have key lime pie on their desert menu.
Service was very good. Prompt and timely - but not overbearing. The waiter offered suggestions when asked.
Limited free parking is available at the restaurant. We found a spot near the front door.

Put in Bay, Ohio
“Breakfast is amazing!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Azur is my favorite breakfast in Key West. They have a pancetta carbonara with poached eggs, it is heavy, but so worth it. It's a very unique dish and the flavors are amazing. Their beef hash is also really good. They do 2 for 1 mimosas during the week. Last time we were there, they charged us for both. When I asked about it, the server said that she gave us bigger glasses. So, we were served 2 mimosas and paid for 2, even though they were buy one, get one free. Either way, breakfast it worth it!

Visited January 2014
Opelika, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place to feel special.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Recommended by a local shop owner. My friend and I went in for a light lunch and refreshing drink. Atmosphere was elegant relaxed. An older couple came in and the waiter came over and hugged them, showed them to a table and brought them what was obviously "their usual". A bottle of beer and two glasses. The lady poured for them and they toasted and drank. They split a sandwich and each had special French fries served in a silver cup. We talked to them and found out that he was retired military, they had lived all over the world (currently in Key West) and this was one of their favorite restaurants. The couple insisted that my friend and I have one of their silver cups of French fries. We did and, oh my, they were delicious! If you've never tried a cold glass of Chardonnay with French fries in a silver cup then you are truly deprived. Wonderful.

• Visited December 2013
Elgin, Illinois
“This dinner was a winner....”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I happened to meet Chef Michael at the Orchard Key Bar just before closing. He is a very talkative and charming man and we instantly befriended him. He mentioned how he was prepairing for a wine pairing dinner on Wed evening and we asked if we could be squeezed in for this event. He said there were a few spaces available and even called the restaurant himself to put in our names.

Azur is a small intimate restaurant a short walking distance from Duval street in a quiet residential area. We had no idea we were in for such an exciting dining experience. Everything was delicious from the feta suffed dates to the dark choclate and cherry panna cotta. The wine from Castello Banfi was paired perfectly with all the entrees. Service was top notch.

All of the other patrons looked liked regulars, so we felt special to be included in this great dining experience. Chef Michael & his co-partner got a well deserved applause after the fine dinner was served. We spoke to Chef Michael after the dinner and he was genuinely happy that we had enjoyed the experience so much. He is a very approachable Chef and his love of fine cuisine is evident.

We will come back again on our next trip to Key West. This dining experience was a truely unplanned highlight to our vacation.