“Perfect hideaway off the beaten path-worth the walk!”
Review of Azur Restaurant

Azur Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azur Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Conveniently located in Old Town Key West, AZUR Restaurant is a unique dining experience featuring Mediterranean specialties. Whether you choose our shaded terrace or the comfort of our newly renovated dining room, please join us for a hearty breakfast featuring a few new twists, an al fresco lunch by the waterfall, or an intimate dinner with offerings including old favorites and new creations. For a completely different dining experience in Old Town, AZUR is a must on your list of innovative-chef restaurants in Key West.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It has been awhile since I have found a new culinary experience worth going right back. I am a local concierge who is always searching for that 'palate pleasing' restaurant out of the everyday norm of Key West cuisine of "Mango everything and Key Lime Pie" to offer our guests of the island. I have found that gem in AZUR.
We were just recently there for lunch greeted at the door with a smile by 'Guba', one of the servers. We sat in the inside in the air-conditioning. They also have lovely outdoor patio seating.
The start was the Charred Octopus and also the Marinated Artichoke Hearts with wedges of parmesan cheese. The octopus was tender and tasty and the artichokes marinated perfectly. My guest had the special fish du jour over a spring salad and I had the Crab Cake BLT with pesto mayo on ciabatta bread. Everything was prepared to our liking, especially the orzo salad I had in lieu of french fries. We followed our entrees with Cappucino and the desert suggestions of the Apple Tart with homemade vanilla bean ice cream and Apricot Crepes. Tart crust was tender and flaky [a sign of a good pastry chef]. Crepes were light and flavorful.
The variety of the menu and the impeccable service by 'Guba' and assistant brought myself and another guest right back this week.
I needed to make sure that my first visit wasn't a fluke. Well it was not. Guba and his bright smile welcomed us and placed us at a table. This time we started with the Baby Clams with chorizo in white wine and the tomatoes with homemade Buffalo mozzarella. The clams were delicious with a broth for dipping their crusty bread into. The mozzarella just melted in your mouth with the fresh tomatoes and pesto sauce. Followed by the rib eye steak sandwiches covered in cheese and carmelized onions. We skipped desert this time but still had the Cappucinos with that creamy froth dotting the top.
As a former chef and restauranteur, I really appreciate what I have witnessed at AZUR. We have found a new favorite to pleasantly recommend to our island guests and locals alike!
NOTE TO MANAGEMENT- Look out boys as I will be in for the infamous Sunday Brunch that you are known so well for. I look forward to it! All the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We happened to find this beautiful little place by accident while looking for another restaurant. We are so happy the other restaurant was closed. Perfect atmosphere, superior service, elegant presentation of food, great wine selection, and a culinary delight. The Black Grouper was the best I have ever had. If you are ever in Key West don't miss this restaurant in Paradise!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Indeed a mediterran restaurant. We had fresh oysters ( delicious raw ones), salad with gorgonzola as starter and gnocchi as main. Finally we ended with lavender crem brûlée.
Being Italian I can confirm that gnocchi were properly made and sauce was delicious (we tried the option with beef and the one vegetarian with truffle).
Service was great, waiter very helpful and polite.
Very nice atmosphere overall.
Price in line with quality of food.

1  Thank SIBI78
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A great place for you to enjoy each others company as well as friends. The food was EXQUISITE, the atmosphere is great, and the prices are great...if you are ever in Key West, you definitely have to check them out :)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my first visit to the restaurant and what a treat it was. Saw several people I knew there so I knew it was going to be good. This is a must try if you are in Key West. I was there for lunch and it was awesome.

1  Thank AlabamaFancyfree