“A lovely hotel...”

Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights. We had a wonderful suite. The bed was comfortable, there was a bath and a half, full kitchen and a spacious patio. The pool was nice and the staff was wonderful. Manny, especially! The shuttle rides to and from downtown were a huge money saver as well as super convenient. They also picked us up from the airport. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Key West!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I will share you comments with Manny and the other staff at a meeting tomorrow, thank you for staying with us and we are glad we made your vacation so enjoyable, come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I just got back from this Marriott property. The property is nice, clean, and has everything you'd expect in Key West. Not in the heart of town, but they more than make up for it with shuttles that run often.
Clean room, great pool, very good restaurant, but I want to highlight the hotel staff. From top to bottom they were great. Fantastic Hospitality!

1  Thank Gary L

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor, it is appreciated and i will pass them on to the staff as they really like to know they are doing a good job and it keeps everyone trying even harder to make our guest vacations great. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Rented the presidential suite facing the Gulf. Room was awesome. Bar and food was wonderful. Hourly shuttle to Duvall street. Service was great. We will definitely return. Great pool, water sports, etc

1  Thank Megan S
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here it is appreciated and we're glad you enjoyed one of our suites and hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Vacationed here last week with my family; beautiful 3 bedroom suite, with a very large balcony that contained 2 lounge chairs. I was intrigued to read Tavern N Town, the on site restaurant, was considered a top 10 Marriott restaurant nationally; after dining there the first night, I understood why. We continued to dine there every night because we couldn't imagine a more satisfying experience. All the food was superb- from the fresh catch fish to the filet mignon, to the homemade pizza. Desserts were to die for, treat yourself to the flourless chocolate cake with homemade ice cream.
The Tavern N Town servers are obviously well trained on how to provide a consistent, near perfect level of service. Organizational management of this restaurant is outstanding. One of the managers we came to know, Judy, talks to the customers regularly to ensure all went well with their dining experience. Anton, Misha, and Gana (please forgive any misspelled names) all served us beautifully.
Anton carried a Martini filled to the brim, all the way from the bar on the other side of the restaurant, and placed it in front of my husband with a smile.
I would be remiss not to mention we enjoyed the buffet breakfast daily as well, Dimtry was diligent and attentive. They offered cook to order omelets with an ingenious system I have never seen before: you complete a small order sheet, checking off the ingredients you want for your omelette, leave it with the chefs (it's an open kitchen), then come back for it in a few minutes......not only does this ensure accuracy, but no standing in line waiting for your omelette to be cooked. Bravo!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shari T

Thank you for your comments and trying our restaurant; it has become one of the most popular for locals as well as they know they will always get a great meal and great service as you mentioned. Yes we are rated as a top five restaurant in the Marriott system and our chefs are proud to have won several awards too. Thank you for your business and I hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The location is far away from the tourist traps and the wild Duval street. Thier restaurant and lounge is simply great. Live lounge music in evening and even a happy hour! The food is spot on including Tapas and the best Mahi Mahi sandwich ever. Rent Jet Skis on the premise and even bikes. We rode the bikes around the island everyday. The bike path to the west will take you to the tourist shops and is safe for even young children to ride. Thier is everything including major grocery store, banks and retail stores on the west bike path. They also have thier own free hourly shuttle service too. We parked our car at the hotel and didn't move it for 5 days at checkout.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Sounds to me like you had a relaxing fun vacation while here and that is what we hope for everyone; yes we are on the quiet side of the island but have shuttles to get you to the entertainment zone when you want to go. Thank you for your business and for take the time to post your comments here.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

It's been a long, long time since I managed to enjoy a vacation at a hotel that really, really excels. Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel is among that class. From the point of arrival until we left, nothing went wrong....well, almost nothing that would really impact my view of this hotel.

As a Marriott Platinum member, I was given an upgrade to a beautiful, spacious, almost unbelievable 1 bedroom Presidential Suite. We had a wonderful third floor view of the pool area and a peak-a-boo view of the ocean. No complaints. The room was nearly perfect. We loved the extra space, the incredible patio, the fully stocked kitchen, and the washer/dryer ensuite. The only issue was a modestly poor performing shower, in terms of water pressure. I assumed that water pressure was a general issue with the hotel, but at check out, when I mentioned it, they told me it might be room specific (and they hadn't received water pressure concerns from others). But, honestly, this was the only concern we had about the Marriott.

Everything else was simply fantastic! Every room request, whether it was early cleaning or turn down service at night, was immediately acted upon. We always had accessible parking just steps from a secure elevator. The pool area and beach was delightful (helped by good weather of course), and bar/food service was exceptional and tasty.

Last but certainly not least was the outstanding full breakfast where, for 5 straight days, we were dutifully and pleasantly taken care of by Dimtry, who could not have been more accommodating and helpful. He made our mornings special. And, we loved the fact that breakfast is open until 11 a.m.

This is a great hotel. I just can't say enough good things about our experience there.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mshbnyehud

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your thoughts and comments here as it is appreciated it. The staff works hard to make sure each guest gets great service and enjoys their vacation as we know you have worked hard to earn the time off. We hope you can return soon and have some more down time while enjoying everything Key West has to offer.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Beachside for a full week at the start of April. I am a Platinum member and used my points for a beachfront Presidential Suite. LOVED it! Beautifully appointed, spacious, 2 marble bathrooms, full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. We felt we could not have had a better room! 2nd floor, right near the pool and had a tremendous view of the water. Our balcony was really comfortable and got a lot of late afternoon sun, wonderful for when you want to relax with a drink before heading out for dinner.

We had the free breakfast coupons and used them everyday. I sent my husband down to get me coffee, fruit, eggs, etc. and he said the service was really great. They helped him box up a "to go" breakfast plate, complete with utensils, a separate container for the fruit, drink trays and a bag with handles to make it easy for him to carry.

We had no problems with the maid service, they came and were gone by 10:00 AM nearly every day. They also came late in the afternoon to take garbage and provide additional towels if needed. If anything, I felt like there was a constant presence of the cleaning people. They did a nice job and everything was very clean.

The pool is quite nice. Yes, it's a little smaller than you may envision, but this isn't a resort either. It's a beachside hotel and for a hotel, it's deserving of a full 5 stars. The service at the pool was prompt. I loved the individuals responsible for the chairs, towels, misting, cucumbers on your eyes, cleaning your glasses, etc. Every time I went to sit on the edge of the pool, within about 5 minutes, I had someone offering me a towel so I wouldn't have to sit on the hard concrete. Nice!

Parking is a bit of a joke, that they charge you at all, but we weren't going to let that impact our vacation.

About the distance to Duval, having been to Key West before and knowing how active we are, I wanted to see if it was indeed too far to walk to where the action is. Everyday for exercise I ran down to Duval and back, but it definitely is too far to walk if you are going out for the evening, in my humble opinion. It is a full 4 miles, along a stretch of road that isn't necessarily ideal for walking if you are dressed up, as it's really busy with cars and construction. We showed up for the shuttle one night, and as prior reviewers mentioned, it is a mad dash to get on the bus, and then you find out it's full so you wait around for another and another. After that, we just drove in our rental. Had no real problems with parking.

Do I wish the property was located closer to Duval? Yes. Would I let that get in my way from staying here again? Absolutely not! Especially with points, what a fantastic return! We had a truly wonderful vacation and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you for your business,