“Best hotel in KW”

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Clearwater, Florida
“Best hotel in KW”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was my first time in KW , omg this hotel was great, the staff was mega friendly. The shuttle super convenient, some of the drivers were so helpful and fun to be with. I have no complain about this hotel. I will go back next year.

Green Features: The pool area was great, they dont have a real beach but the recreation of one is a great one!
3 Thank Arianiy R
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments and we're glad you had such a great time and look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Arden, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This room was absolutely INCREDIBLE. I am not exaggerating, not a SINGLE bit. I cannot wait to post pictures of this place. I probably said OMGosh like 100x while I walked through. I could write a book about how amazing it was! Italian marble flooring, Italian marbled bathrooms, a full-size Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, ceramic range with stainless steel hood, garden tub for two - did I mention Italian marble??, walk-in shower for two - I must mention Italian marble!, dual sinks, 1.5 bathrooms, mahogany four-poster bed with goose down blankets and pillows, gorgeous sectional in the living area, awesome little dining area with a breakfast nook, washer/dryer in-room, fully-stocked kitchen with hydraulic closing drawers and cupboards, massive baloney over-looking the bay and a private beach, etc., etc., etc... perfect for our 17-year anniversary. I wanted to move from my 3200 sq. ft. home to this little gem, for life. The resort with full-amenities, incredible, too!!!! Sorry I didn't mention much about that, but it was my anniversary, after all. We spent a lot of time in the room! ;) Good job, Marriott! Your designers' nailed it with this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments not much more a sales person like me can say. Hope you come back again soon.
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We just spent 4 nights here. Room was very good although the sleeper couch was a little uncomfortable to sit on. Shuttle back and forth to Key West Duval street was great and they would drop you elsewhere on the route in to save walking if they could. the service couldn't have been better. Our breakfast waiter, Dmitry, was very nice and couldn't do enough for us. I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay in Key West.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for posting you comments here; come back again soon.
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed April 7, 2014

First of all I have to dispute the review by "Ronald R". The location is not that bad if you consider the nearby public beach that is easily reached by cab or cheap moped rental. With that said, the property is out of the way. Given that Ronald is a "seasoned" traveler, one would think that he would take a peek at Google Earth to see that it is off the beaten path. OK. With that said and the negative review somewhat neutralized I will provide the negatives. Distance from Key West Proper and Duval Street. If you Google Earth the property, you can see the beach size. Prison nearby? Who cares. The rooms are nice; especially the suites. In fact, I have booked a three bedroom to take my family back to for Thanksgiving Break for a week. Good work property management.

Room Tip: Ask for facing Ocean
Green Features: Don't know much about them and not aware of them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I actually love that this resort was not right on Duval Street. That is part of the reason we chose it. It is a great Marriott partly due to the service. They offer a shuttle every hour to Duval Street. The shuttles get full fast but almost every time the concierge or driver would send another shuttle. They also provide free transportation to and from airport. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which I would highly recommend if you are traveling with another couple. The pool was awesome. Expensive bar at the pool but I think that is a given at any resort. Plenty of space at the pool. Each night the housekeeping staff would provide down service with Godiva chocolates. Bonus! The beds are the typical Marriott beds (which I am not a fan of entirely).

Room Tip: If traveling with your family or couples, the suites are roomy and great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments here; many travelers don't want to be right on Duval st as you but we get you there by shuttle. We hope you come back again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I suspect the one star got some attention. The following review is all about the strange location of this “Beachside” resort and the facility itself. The food, staff and service are all what we have come to expect from Marriott Resorts. For those of you who have read previous reviews of mine, we are seasoned global travelers who frequent everything from Marriott’s to some of the best luxury hotels in the world. We love food and lots of locations. I share reviews for both positive and negative experiences from hotels to restaurants.

We were strangers to Key West and were looking for a place to stay for a week. We were traveling with my daughter and 2 of her friends for Spring Break. We also had a possibility that one of our college sons might join us for a few days, so we wanted a nice place with a few bedrooms, and very much wanted to be on the beach. We shopped online and the usual locations came up; Westin, Southernmost resort, etc. We picked the Marriott for one major reason, it was “Beachside” If you check out the pictures on the Marriott web site, it looks GREAT! The only known downside was that it is removed from the action of Duval Street, but they provide a shuttle, so we figured we could make that work. We also picked the Marriott because of previous very positive experiences in Chicago, Marco Island, Cancun, San Francisco, etc. I’m also a Marriott Gold level frequent member.

The web site could not be further from the truth about the location and beach. First, there is no beach. Sand and Water do not always equal Beach. What they have is about 30 yards of gravel-ridden sand leading to the water. The rest of the “beach” is a bulkhead, with sand behind it, so there is no swimming. On one side of the “beach” is the highway, literally. As you look out, what you see on your left is a highway, and, are you ready for this??, when you look to the right, you see a landfill in the horizon with an industrial building in front of it. The building is the Monroe County Correctional Facility!! You can’t make this stuff up. So for vacation, we had to sit on a balcony looking at a landfill and prison. None of this shows up on the pictures on the web site. Be sure to check out my posted pictures.

On our deck was a spiral staircase. When you go up, there are no chairs, just a platform, and what you see from there is a black rooftop cluttered with air conditioners. I’m not sure why they put those staircases there??

The pool area is not bad, but a little too small for the amount of people that stay there. They use the most basic mixers, so forget about a good margarita. In the rooms, the flat screen TV’s have cables hanging everywhere. For a new resort, you would think they would have figured out the cabling. It just adds to the chaos of the facility.

As we discovered Key West, we fell in love with the Southernmost resort area. We also learned that Marriott used to own the Casa Marina hotel now managed by Waldorf Astoria. What a classic hotel!! I can’t imagine why Marriott left that, to build a new hotel next to a prison, landfill, and highway.

I hope this helps some people who are looking for a beach to steer away. All things being equal, I would go to Southernmost.

Other than the hotel, we LOVED Key West and can’t wait to go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank Ronald R
Alan B, Director of Sales at Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you of your opinions and we are glad your service was good and I hope your room met to your standards. I should point out the landfill you mentioned was closed 20 years ago. Key West is not a beach town as the beaches here are man made, even the public ones since there is a reef three miles off our coast that blocks waves from reaching our shores and no waves crashing on rocks so no natural sand. Many guests enjoy the third floor roof top deck to view the sunset and lots guests daily relax on our "tanning beach". I hope your next trip to Key West is enjoyable.
Newtown, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The location is out of Key West main street but they do have a free shuttle which takes you into the city every hour.

The name beach side is a little misleading you are next to a beach but not one you would lay around to enjoy the sun. The pool area is very nice and is where you would enjoy the rays.

The rooms are very nicely styled and plenty of storage however the maid service was not very good. We would leave in the morning and return late afternoon and on a number of occasions the room had not been made up. It is a large complex with lots of rooms but I feel maid service should be completed as early as possible.

We had a small room but I could see that the design of the complex has large apartment style rooms which looked beautiful we unfortunatley did not have one of these rooms but still enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Try for the large condo style rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us and I hope you have safe travels.