Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
$350
$329
$220
$192
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$277
$175
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$1,019
$330
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,932 results
All reviewspresidential suitefull kitchenevery hourtown restaurantblue barglass of champagneduval streetfree shuttlespiral staircasemarble floorsgulf viewwasher dryershuttle servicehotel shuttlethree bedroomliving roomsmall beach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We are committed Marriott members, thus always stay in a Marriott for our vacations. The room was spectacular. Loads of room. A full kitchen, a washer and dryer to do laundry so no dirty clothes when you got home. Make sure to book a suite. It is worth the few extra dollars. The grounds and staff were nice and accomodating. The restaurant was OK...nothing great. Free breakfast was part of our Marriott rewards program, but once in the restaurant, it was explained that it was only "cold items". Platinum members usually get concierge level of services, so this was disappointing. We are beach people, but there really isn't a usable beach. It is sand trucked in and spread out over a slab of concrete!! There is a "swimable" beach area that has so much "muck" on the ocean floor that you do not want to go into the water...you may be bitten by something. And there is no pool service at that area. No one goes down there except to rent a water craft. The pool is nice, but the water is not cleaned or maintained well enough during the day. Lots of "things" floating in the water. We did have a restful stay, but were disappointed that the beach advertised was unasable.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite...it is worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Marriott was a stop over before going to timeshare on island. As much as I love the timeshare I didn't want to leave the hotel. The front desk was great and met all our needs. Dinner in the hotel was a treat as well as the breakfast the following morning. The only draw back to us is that it was in a commercial strip. We all prefer the southern tip of old town. However when in property whether poolside, or at outside bar you are oblivious to the traffic.

Room Tip: Suites are beautiful,and face landscaped areas, regular rooms could face parking lot
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

We went for a girlfriends birthday hitting a milestone, won't tell you which one LOL. It was 6 girls and we stayed in the Presidential Suite. The property is clean as a whistle, I did not see much trash or anything laying around on a daily basis. There is no real beach its just some lounge chairs and a dock, so we never ventured out to that part. The pool is nice and clean and there is a little place to get drinks and food.

Upon our arrival we were greeted with complimentary glasses of champagne like other guests said and our key cards. The security to the property is very on point, you can't get up to any floor or staircase without it, so that made me feel safe at night.

Our suite was gorgeous..Stainless steel appliances, some wear and tear but nothing to complain about. The couch didn't really seem too comfy but I was rarely in the room to sit and watch tv. anyway. We had a wonderful view of the gulf and a spiral staircase where you could lay 2 towels down and sunbathe if you wanted but not much room for anything else.

The master bedroom had a jetted tub and a seperate toilet and shower with a door. The room had a king size bed as well did the 2nd bedroom which was great! The last bedroom had 2 twin beds. We were asked if we wanted to put them together but didn't need to. There are 3 full bathrooms! Everyone had ample space to hang out.

As far as the food goes, we ate the breakfast buffet every day we were there..Everything was made fresh. At first I thought the scrambled eggs that were sitting on the warmer were powdered until I saw the chef making them fresh. The buffet is 18.50 plus tax and it was worth it. We only ate dinner there one night because they had an early bird special, I thought the food was great..I had a filet mignon and short rib combo with mash. All my other friends had no complaints either. The only con was the service, we ended up spending 3 hours in the restaurant for dinner because the wait staff was not that attentive, I found this only applied for dinner.

Oh and let me not forget the shuttle service...It took about 15 minutes to get down to Duval Street. We never had an issue going down or getting back. I read other complaints on how going back to the hotel was a hassle but they always had another shuttle bus right behind the next on the last bus going back. I think they should defintely extend the hours for this shuttle as 11:20 is a bit early. Maybe 1am should be the last shuttle going back. I never took a taxi back but I heard they are $9 a person if you have under 6 people. Anything 6 and up is $5 a person.

I would definately visit again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First trip to Key West and I wanted to use Marriott points. I reserved a king room for myself and my husband. Upon arrival, I was informed that I had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite (sweet!) and complimentary parking. We were offered a glass of champagne upon check-in. The front desk staff were cordial and professional. The suite was very nice and spacious. My only complaints: 1) The cushions on the sectional were worn and frayed. 2) Too much noise from the cabana grill (from exhaust fans?) to spend much time outside on the lanai. 3) The hotel is about 20 minutes drive from downtown Key West, but there is a shuttle. Take the shuttle as parking is limited.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a 1 bedroom suite (Presidential). It was very well appointed with tile, stainless in kitchen, 1.5 baths, and comfortable dining/living. The resort itself has no curb appeal, but the suite was great. There's no "club" level here so not really any extra perks, but they gave me breakfast coupons for one day. That's funny because my rate included breakfast so really not a perk! The breakfast was eggs to order and a full buffet with pastry, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Shuttle service to and from Duval Street was excellent and about a 10 minute ride. Shuttle leaves every hour and picks up at 20 past every hour up until 11:20pm. Small pool with limited chairs, but we weren't there for that as you don't go to Key West for beaches. If we were to return I think we'd opt for a B&B only to be closer to Duval Street. However, this is one of the nicer Marriott rooms we've stayed in and we've been to many as an elite member.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Buildings are only 3 floors with parking underneath.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple