“Outstanding experience”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

From check in to check out the experience with the staff and the hotel itself was amazing. Our every need was met and exceeded to include our amazing three bedroom three bath suite. For us the location was ideal because we had an opportunity to control our exposure to noise and bustle of Duval street, and the free shuttle made it easy to get around. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
ft lauderdale
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed for 3 days, was suppose to stay for 5 but had enough. I called to ask that my floor be cleaned because it was so dirty. Nothing was done about it. I asked to speak to the housekeeping Manager and was told she would call me back. Nothing.. I called a second time and said I felt like I wasnt being heard, and again no return call and my socks were black with the dirt. When Management ignores the customer like this, I must say they need retraining. This is not how I expect to be treated by Marriott.

Room Tip: Go to the Double Tree.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank richard r
cleveland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We used points for a suite and it was beautiful. Beautiful kitchen, bath, furnishings and lenai with spiral staircase up to a sun deck For the people complaining about the tile floor - I love tile floors when you're at the beach. There are no stains or sand, but to each their own. Our friends were staying here too and they had just a standard room. It too was very pretty but it does not have a patio and it looks out onto the outdoor hallway, but it was a nice room nonetheless. Who just stays in their room all the time when on vacation? Pack a little cooler and go sit on the dock. It was very peaceful and pretty. Regarding the beach...Key West in general does not have beaches. If you want the typical ocean beach setting you should stay at the Casa Marina but the Marriott does have a sandy "beach" and a dock. I've also stayed at the Hyatt on Front Street and it's the same "beach" and dock. The pool was large and there were lots of chaises, both around the pool and in the sandy area.

Regarding the location....if you want to be constantly surrounded by Old Town and Duval Street this is not the place to stay. However, the shuttle was very convenient and ran like clockwork. It's about 10-15 minutes and you get to see other areas of the island. The cabs cost $4.50 a person (plus tip) and that's another option. We had no trouble when we drove into town finding free street parking, but we did that early in the day.

Our first night in we ordered room service pizza and it was really good. I'm not a fan of hotel pizza but I thought this was very crispy and tasty. We had a coupon for the breakfast buffet and it was fine. I wouldn't pay full price for it though. There's a Publix nearby so if you're in a suite go by some cereal and eggs and make your own (and lots of beer and wine and snacks!) My favorite places for breakfast are LaCreperie and Blue Heaven. Both are outstanding and both are on Pretronia St. I also loved Louie's Backyard. The deck on the ocean is great for drinks and then we ate upstairs in the wine/tapas room. The food was delicious but the waiters were so rude! It became comical to see how much more ruder they could become. For Key West, which has the most laid back people and everybody is so nice and friendly and "no worries" attitude it really did make us laugh to have these 2 male waiters who bordered on being nasty.

Sorry for such a long post but overall I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott and some of the negative posts just don't add up. As with any trip you take, just do your due diligence to make sure you're staying in the right location for your needs. The Marriott website makes it clear what the room types are, where the hotel is located in regards to Old Town, etc. I'm not some huge, pro-Marriott loyalist, but it's not like they're trying to deceive anybody with tile floors and a lack of beach.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank las61
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for several nights and liked it. We have Marriott timeshares and chose to spend the extra points and get a suite here (full kitchen, living room and balcony). We thought it was worth it and the rooms were nice. While you are 3-4 miles from Duval St, we did use the shuttle and it worked out fine. We also rented bikes at the hotel for 2 days and enjoyed seeing the island. Would love to stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NebraskaFan71
Welcome, MN
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Super small pool. Very small room with no carpet, clammy floors. Not on a beach! Sand hauled in and put over grass or concrete. No ice machines. Window faced hallway. Fridge, but no mini bar(Hawaii hotels actually cheaper with more amenities). Very far from Duval street where all the action and shops are. Cab fare to get there is $17.00. Not much of a view. Very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lana M
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay at this Marriott. The room was one of the nicest rooms that I've ever seen at a Marriott brand. The one bedroom suite had a lot of upgrades to include sinks and tile floor throughout. It was close to the Key West Airport and the hotel offered a shuttle back and forth. They also offered a shuttle that ran from the hotel down to Duvall Street every hour on the hour like clockwork. And when the first shuttle was full they would bring a second shuttle to get the rest of the passengers right away. The hotel had a nice pool and I was very pleased with my stay here. I would return again and recommended to others.

• Stayed February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The reviews I've been reading for the Marriott Key West Beachside Hotel are very accurate. I am on my last night at this hotel. When I booked, there was no more standard room so I had to pay more to upgrade to a suite. It turned out to be well worth it. The size between a standard room and a suite is big. The standard doesn't have a regular window. It looks out to the walkway. The suite has a oversize bedroom, attached bathroom with a jacuzzi and a separate shower. There is also a living room, a full size kitchen with top notch appliances and a formal dining room. The patio looks out to the pool area and is very relaxing. There's not much there for the beach. The pool is also small. But because of the suite amenities, I loved every minute of my stay. Shuttle to town is nice and runs on schedule. Housekeeping needs a little improvement as they are not as generous on refilling the toiletries. They don't replace dining napkins either. Other than that, all is great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family