“Fantastic rooms”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Minnesota
“Fantastic rooms”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very nice. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Key West. The suites are similar to a very nice apartment with high end finishes. The refrigerator in our room was a SubZero.

1 Thank travelers46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Well...just checked in to Marriott Beachside. I stayed here a few years ago and had a wonderful time, wonderful room, etc. This time we checked in for a room that's over $300 a night and we have a view of a stairway and wall! I called to complain but they say its their "standard" room. So now we are stuck in a room that looks like it should be at a nursing home for 4 nights. Don't get me wrong, the room is nice but it has 2 windows that view a wall. It was a bait and switch. The front desk and the management could have cared less and I frequent Marriotts quite often. It may be time to switch...

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Snuzuluz
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

First of all this is a Marriott, so they had high level of service. Check-in was nice and the view was amazing, baby I was in Key West, PARADISE!!!

Nice clean and comfortable room, food was great, no complaints. Hubby worked out while I went and checked out the pool and spa.

Close to restaurants, shopping, great location, highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and away from all the hustle bustle of duval street. I enjoyed the pool area and hot tub. The tavern restaurant had great food! And the pool side food was awesome as well with great poolside service. Its defiantly going on my list of places to return!

• Stayed October 2012
Bridgewater NJ
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second stay here and I just love this hotel. Our suite was very comfortable for 2 couples. It was great to have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. We rented bikes to go into town. I like the fact that the resort is away from Duval Street. It is great to have the shuttle take you back and forth. It is also nice that the driver is very like a tour guide. I found the hotel staff to be very accomadating and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went to Key West for 1 night, and while looking for hotels in this category I realized that it was on the "wrong side" of the island. However, i though, there is a shuttle and I was keen on trading-off convenience for the chance to unwind on a "resort" as opposed to a normal hotel near Duval.
Boy, was I dissapointed. In spite of the name,THERE IS NO BEACH. Please be aware that the "beach" they refer to is 60 feet of sand in front of a deck overlooking the ocean. Truth be told. i had read something like that in previous reviews, though i wanted not to believe them. What was really really disappointing was the pool area. I mean, if you do not have a beach you do not have a beach. But at least you can build a nice pool. However, the pool was about as nice as the one I expect to find at a Days Inn for a fraction of the price.
To top it off, i get home to check my credit card statement and see that the Hotel double-charged me for the night. That is, I had bought my room online and when I checked out they gave me a receipt for $18, a "parking fee". Then I open my statement and see that they charged me an extra $250 for the night that I had already paid.
As the only pros i can find is that the room was impeccable, and that the lady who helped me when i called about the double-billing was nice. OTher than that, I would never consider staying here again. I would much rather go to one of the small hotels near the "quiet" end of Duval, or spend lavishly on the Hyatt.
Please, do not make the same mistake: if you are torn between going here or going to another hotel, go to the other one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elioboom
Kingston Ontario Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights - booked into a "standard" room and requested a change to a "brighter" location as most of the rooms are very dark and face the parking lots. Although we did not upgrade to a suite we should have -- they are huge with patios and views. The free shuttle service runs hourly and most drivers are excellent + informative tour guides (they will also drop you off at your specific restaurant if you ask). The pool and beach area are pleasant + the restaurant service - good buffet breakfasts + the dinners are good although most of the food is not ;local Key West" but standard hotel fare. Happy hour provides 2 for 1 drinks - worth doing before heading into town for dinner. This is a great hotel if you want to be away from town for sleeping - the one criticism is the lack of vacuuming the floors -- ours was quite gritty by weeks end from beach sand

Room Tip: Most of the standard rooms are small + dark -- definitely worth upgrading to a suite especially if y...