“One of the best hotels I've seen!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel

Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Key West
Scouseville
“One of the best hotels I've seen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

What an amazing experience! This hotel has it all-comfortable rooms, an amazing pool, good service and a beachside location. Mind you, It's not very close to downtown Key West, but that saves on the noise level from tourists between 9am-9pm.
The floors here are some sort of hardwood/tile/marble and feel very good on bare feet! In most hotels I wouldn't dare step on the carpet in bare feet but this one is an exception. In addition, the bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was amazing. The bathroom itself was bigger than 90% of hotels I've been too.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when looking at Key West. Lives up to the Marriott high standards!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank grouse4scouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Glenwood Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I wrote a mixed at best review over a year ago. The issue that I had was with the indifference to its guests during a long weekend stay. It was not in alignment with what I thought should be with a top tiered resort hotel.

Enough said...

Now for round two. The hotel owner invited us back to make amends. I am so glad that we re-engage. The property is as well maintained as ever. The presidential suite accommodations were as spectacular as before. The difference is the attitude of the staff. They were gracious, conscientious- really delightful. I understand that there was a change at general manager. Perhaps this attitude adjustment is reflective of the new leadership on-site. With all this being stated, its important to know that I felt that every guest was experiencing the same level of hospitality as we did.

I now highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The key is to get one of many presidential suites. The smaller one bedroom studios, I understand, ar...
1 Thank Pabby317
Suntree, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We did a weekend getaway for Thanksgiving. My below comments about the noise may not reflect what the hotel is like when they are not fully booked. If you have nobody above you, your experience may be very different then ours.

We booked this hotel with our Marriott points. I had previously read many points users were not happy with the size of the standard rooms. We upgraded to the one bedroom suite for an additional $75.00 a night. What the hotel description doesn't tell you is the one bedrooms are on the second floor. The noise from above was a never ending barrage of chairs scraping on tile floors, click clack of shoes, banging etc. It was horrible.

After repeated complaints they moved us the next day to another second floor room in another building. It was still loud. It started around 6:00am through after midnight. The cleaning people and carts can be heard from early morning to night. The entry to the room has a very heavy door into another entrance which is shared by two rooms. Every time the person next door leaves, the air pressure causes your door to bang and then the heavy front door bangs.

The room itself was one of the nicest I have ever been in. Very clean and beautifully decorated. Sub Zero appliances, crown molding, pleasing colors, etc. The one bedrooms had a full kitchen, jetted tub, large bedroom with a very comfortable bed, living room dining room combo, very nice balcony and an additional half bath. If you don't mind noise then you will love the style of this room.

The restaurant was very good. The hostess had the personality of a tree stump but the servers were terrific and the food was great.

The shuttle driver was a retired key west police officer and he was fantastic. He told us stories on the way and was very entertaining.

The front desk crew were top notch. Unlike other reviewers, I found them very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a top floor.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank ariesfire
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place was awesome, I stayed here back in January of 2009 for my 23rd B-Day but I am now getting around to writing a review. Even though it's been 3 years almost 4 I have not forgotten my experience at this place EVERYTHING about this place was wonderful from the hotel grounds to the room and especially the staff. Every single person I encountered was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
miami floria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My fiancée and I stayed at the hotel for one night on November 17th 2012. The hotel itself is wonderful, has great view over the ocean, a great pool and a nice pool bar, fantastic restaurant and the rooms are spacious and modern. Right behind the hotel is a water sports rental facility with Jet Ski tours and paddle boat rental, tour service is spectacular and they have great appreciation for what they do, the service they provided made me plan a vacation to the keys in the near future. Unfortunately the lack of attentiveness in the hotel staff is what made our stay an unfortunate one. Upon check in everybody checking in next to us were offered Champaign and fruits. The person checking in did not offer us, so my fiancée had to ask for a glass. Later that night I ordered room service, I was quoted 30 to 40 minutes, exactly an hour after I ordered I called the operator and she told me she would check on my order and call me back. I shortly received a call from the front desk telling me the kitchen was backed up and it would be 10 more minutes. After my food arrived, the food presentation itself and quality was great, but the service is what really bothered me. The pool attendant was really nice provided me with all my needs. Upon check out the agent checking me out provided me with my detailed charge sheet. There was a charge for parking which was never mentioned to me. It doesn’t bother me the price but I think upon check it they should have made me aware of a charge for a parking spot. At that moment I did not pay it any mind. When the agent was checking me out he asked me how everything was, I told him great except for my room service taking over an hour to make it to my room, he acted like he didn’t even hear me “sign here, thank you”. I work in hospitality and what makes a place succeed is the employees, unfortunately it was like he was just following procedures rather than really wanting to know how everything was. This hotel has the location and is modern and could be a 4 or maybe a 5 star hotel, it really is that nice the rooms the pool the lobby the restaurant, but I do not know if the staff were being selective or I was just unfortunate to have all these situations. Once again the hotel is great but staff did not meet my expectations.

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank frank l
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently had our wedding at the Marriott Beachside and we can't say enough good things about it! The rooms were spacious and beautiful, the staff was amazing and the entire resort was gorgeous! It's a little away from the party action on Duval but the shuttle is complimentary and so easy and convenient. Our guests were so impressed with the resort and we can't wait to go back. As someone who travels often for work I tend to be a little pickier about resorts but I am still raving about the Marriott Beachside. I was sad to leave. Simply amazing!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checked into the hotel last after a dark drive from Ft. Lauderdale. Was greated by smiling staff, complimentary fruit and beverage, and shown to a very comfortable 1 bdrm suite overlooking the pool. Stayed 4 nights and had awesome food (breakfast and a dinner that great). A great property with lots to do. Location on the northern side of the island means only a short drive to downtown and much quieter stay.

Would come back in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Bruce B